We currently have an opportunity for a Kitchen Porter to join our team on a casual basis. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To ensure that the Company and Statutory regulations regarding health, safety and hygiene are complied with.
- To ensure that the Company’s standards of cleanliness are achieved and maintained.
- To maintain the Company’s standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- To maintain the cleanliness of the stores and refrigerator areas.
- To ensure that foods and non-food products are correctly put away in rotation.
- To undertake any reasonable requests by Management.
- To assist with basic food preparation as required.
- To assist at special functions, some of which may occasionally occur outside normal working hours.
- To always maintain a high standard of dress and behaviour.
- To ensure standards within the food offer are maintained
- To report any complaint or compliment.
- To report any incident of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage and take action as may be appropriate.
- To ensure that all aspects of the Food Safety Act 1990 are adhered to.
- To attend training sessions and staff meetings.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to achieve performance criteria.
- Positive approach to learning in role
- Sense of own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to role< >Hygiene qualification, or equivalent
- Previous catering experience
- Hygiene qualification, or equivalent
- Previous catering experience
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.