Kitchen Porter at Heathrow Airport - Lufthansa Lounge
About the Role
At Sodexo, we are passionate about everything we do, and we believe that good food really has the power to bring everyone together!
You’ll be keeping the kitchen hygienic, safe, and up to our very high standards of cleanliness.
Serving our guests with a smile and a friendly manner means we’ll be helping to create great experiences and a fantastic atmosphere! You’ll play your part in getting the world moving again and brining families together!
You must be able to provide 5 years working history, and 5 years address.
Sodexo reserves the right to close this advert early, if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
A few things about you
Your communication skills need to be strong, and your attention to detail second to none!
Experience working as a Kitchen Porter isn't necessary, what does matter to us, is taking pride in what you do. You'll need a willingness to learn, as there will be great opportunities to grow and progress your career with us.
Sodexo embeds a strong safety culture in everything we do. There will be company procedures to follow alongside our Health & Safety practises, so it is vital that you'll champion this.
- Ensure that the Company's and statutory regulations regarding hygiene, safety, and cleanliness are complied with and all tasks undertaken according to Safeguard
- Ensure the cleanliness standards of presentation of the back of house, front of house and all storage areas are excellent at all times
- Clean and maintain all kitchen equipment to maximize efficiency & prolong life
- Clean allocated pieces of heavy catering equipment using instructions and cleaning materials including air filter and extraction systems.
- Operate industrial dishwashers in all catering areas
- Transport provisions, equipment and other catering related items as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience working in a kitchen
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A flexible “can do” attitude
- The ability to multi-task within a fast paced environment
- Good understanding of customer care
- Able to provide 5 year employment referencing
About the Company
Why choose Sodexo?
You don’t just join Sodexo, you belong.
What do we mean when we say belong?
It’s simple. You create a company where everyone is respected and feels that their ideas count. You take care of the quality of life of your people. You make your workplace inclusive, encouraging people to bring their whole self to work every day. That’s our philosophy in a nutshell.
A career at Sodexo won’t tie you down, it actively encourages your progress. The diverse range of roles we offer is truly infinite. Whatever your skills, experience or passion, you’ll be encouraged and supported to have a fulfilling career.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities. We encourage our employees to get involved with our Employee Networks such as Pride, Sodexo Working Parents, Sodexo Disability, So together, generations and origins. We have also launched Be Heard which is an employee network designed to bring black colleagues together (virtually) to bring about positive change.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised, are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Click here to read more about what we do to promote an inclusive culture.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life, health and wellbeing for our employees we provide discounts and benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs. In addition to the essentials like 20 days holidays (plus bank holidays) and pension contribution, we can help you take advantage of being part of Sodexo with benefits such as:
- Sodexo Discounts - discounts from over 1,200 top retailers with you earning WOW Points (cashback) as you shop
- Talk – a free wellbeing support helpline for you and your family
- Up to three paid days each year to volunteer
- Your Lucky Number Employee Lottery (this also supports the Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation)
- Cycle to work
- Life assurance.