Infection Prevention & Control Lead Nurse
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you wish to join our Test Centre teams and develop your career by working in Infection Prevention and Control? If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for an experienced IPC Lead Nurse to manage IPC quality monitoring across our Covid Test Centres. As the IPC Lead Nurse, you will provide specialist advice to support Covid Test Centre services and to provide professional leadership within the organisation on infection prevention & control to achieve consistent, high-quality, safe services and working with multiple stakeholders to identifying potential problems and find solutions.
Rise with Sodexo
- To set and monitor standards for IPC across Sodexo Test Centres based on local and national audit and current evidence promoting the implementation of best practice and ensuring compliance
- To investigate, analyse and assess infection control/risks in collaboration with other agencies, and agree action to be taken and outcome measures
- To lead and coordinate outbreak management when required across Covid Test Centres
- To take a lead role in undertaking incident investigations and working with HSE, Compliance GP Patient Safety Leads to address IPC and safety issues
- To facilitate identification of training and education needs of staff in relation to Covid infection, ensuring that training programmes are available and evaluating the impact of training on services
- To support the delivery and development of improved performance across Covid Test Centres for quality and safety standards
- To assess and monitor the impact of all existing and new policies and plans for the delivery of effective IPC and make recommendations for change
- To provide expert IPC advice during mobilization and demobilization planning projects
The Ideal Candidate
- First Level nursing registration
- Graduate – health related studies
- 3 years in a senior clinical position.
- Experience of working in an IPC nursing role
- Evidence of professional leadership, leading to innovation in practice.
- Experience of identifying education and training needs of staff and utilizing service level agreements.
- Experience in clinical audit/benchmarking
- Experience in workforce planning
up to £50,000 depending on experience
12mth fixed term
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.