ICT Support Technician - Advertised on behalf of Essex CRC
Essex CRC are currently recruiting for a ICT Support Technician.
You will provide 1st and 2nd line support to CRC staff from the CRC Hub location for all Information Systems, devices and tools. You will also act as the bridge between CRC staff incidents and service requests with other 2nd line and all 3rd line resolutions groups.
You will be required to support the delivery of Security controls for ISO27001 and protectively marked systems and tools and, where appropriate, acquire and maintain relevant audit evidence
If you have excellent communication, customer service skills and have a logical and analytical approach to fault finding this is a great opportunity for you.
- Undertake Level 1 and 2 fix and repair to resolve incidents reported by CRC staff
- Maintain records of requests and tasks to complete incidents and service delivery in the service management tool
- Maintain accurate log entries of requests with fault details and contact information
- Co-ordinate specialists at Level 2 or 3, or third parties to resolve issues reported
- Maintain and operate field based equipment including some AV equipment, telephony, CCTV and access Control
- Support colleagues and in other CRCs, remotely, as is necessary
- Follow agreed procedures, assist customers in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Follow escalation procedures, promptly allocating unresolved items as appropriate.
- Ensure that incidents and requests are processed within the agreed SLAs as defined yearly by the Head of IT for CRC.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum, achievable in role, ITIL Foundation certification
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Logical and Analytical approach to fault finding/elimination
- Effective communicator in translating reported issue to Technical resolution specialists
- Ability to document and communicate complex procedures in a simplistic manner.
- Knowledge of operating in Protectively marked operation
- Must achieve clearance to work on systems at “Official” status
- Have a passion for support
- Knowledge and experience of working in a CRC environment
- Microsoft qualification at MSDT/MCSE or similar
- Basic understanding of networking principles WAN and hands on knowledge for LAN
Band 3 starting salary of £23,039
37 hours per week, 27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, defined contribution pension scheme, company sick pay, group discount scheme.
10th and 11th September at 3rd Floor, Victoria House, Victoria Road, CM1 1JR
*This role will require SC Clearance*
About the Company
The role of Essex CRC is to rehabilitate service users, reduce reoffending and protect the public and we are one of six CRCs operated by Sodexo Justice Services in the UK. We work with service users both in the community and in custody to deliver the sentence of the court, to rehabilitate them and to provide a range of programmes and interventions to turn their lives around. We deliver effective offender management and rehabilitation services to low and medium risk service users and our highly skilled staff work in a range of disciplines to make a real difference. Our aim is to create a better future for the people we work with – service users, victims and their families and local communities. We are proud to have strong relationships with other criminal justice agencies, local authorities, health trusts, employment and training providers, and work with contracted partners to enhance delivery to our service users.
We serve the county from the 6 major towns: Chelmsford, Colchester, Harlow, Thurrock, Basildon, Southend. Essex CRC is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants are considered on the basis of suitability for the post, irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.