We currently have an opportunity for a Hygiene Operative to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Carry out all hygiene tasks required by the hygiene rota in each respective area that has been assigned.
- Prepare and be responsible for any cleaning equipment used to carry out hygiene duties
- Maintain, replenish and be accountable for stocks of cleaning materials
- Be fully conversant with the operation and care of any mechanical cleaning equipment used in conjunction with your hygiene duties
- Be fully conversant with the safe preparation, handling, and disposal of cleaning chemicals and disinfectants used in conjunction with your hygiene duties
- Carry out all hygiene tasks in accordance with written approved procedures ensuring all log books entries (when required) are completed to company standard
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Have all round cleaning experience
- Be able to work on own initiative and manage own time
- Be ble to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues and management team
- Have good knowledge of H&S and CoSHH
6 months fixed term contract.
16 hours per week.
About the Company
Why choose Sodexo?
You don’t just join Sodexo, you belong.
What do we mean when we say belong?
It’s simple. You create a company where everyone is respected and feels that their ideas count. You take care of the quality of life of your people. You make your workplace inclusive, encouraging people to bring their whole self to work every day. That’s our philosophy in a nutshell.
A career at Sodexo won’t tie you down, it actively encourages your progress. The diverse range of roles we offer is truly infinite. Whatever your skills, experience or passion, you’ll be encouraged and supported to have a fulfilling career.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities. We encourage our employees to get involved with our Employee Networks such as Pride, Sodexo Working Parents, Sodexo Disability, So together, generations and origins. We have also launched Be Heard which is an employee network designed to bring black colleagues together (virtually) to bring about positive change.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Click here to read more about what we do to promote an inclusive culture. (https://uk.sodexo.com/social-impact/people/inclusive-culture)
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life, health and wellbeing for our employees we provide discounts and benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs. In addition to the essentials like 20 days holidays (plus bank holidays) and pension contribution, we can help you take advantage of being part of Sodexo with benefits such as;
- Sodexo Discounts - discounts from over 1,200 top retailers with you earning WOW Points (cashback) as you shop
- Talk – a free wellbeing support helpline for you and your family
- Up to three paid days each year to volunteer
- Your Lucky Number Employee Lottery (this also supports the Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation)
- Cycle to work
- Life assurance