We currently have an opportunity for a Housekeeping Team Operative to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Be a brand ambassador for Unilever / Sodexo and Tenants by leading the Housekeeping team to provide outstanding services to Unilever and their customers & visitors. Providing tailor made services that meet both the 100ve community and customers/visitor’s expectations.
- Attend meetings and trainings with the Sodexo leadership, housekeeping team.
- Ensure an exceptional experience and level of cleanliness is provided by the Housekeeping Team through Customer Service, training, efficiency and a can-do attitude.
- Develop individual and team capability via training ensuring the team gain knowledge and understanding of Unilever, the site and other services, so they can deliver a one touch service to everyone they meet.
- Work closely with the line Manager on all aspects of the Housekeeping and waste management and take ownership of the Housekeeping Team and services
- Comply with all Company and Client policies and procedures, statutory regulations relating to your work place, this will include but not limited to fire (Incident Control); Health and Safety; hygiene; working safely; COSHH.
- Keep Health and Safety of yourself, the Sodexo Team and clients/visitors at the forefront of all activities.
- Carry out the role of Housekeeping Team Operative, taking ownership of issues and deliver service continuity.
- Assist in the production of ad hoc reports if requested in relation to Housekeeping and Waste and other services relating to Housekeeping.
- Be primary point of contact in all issues relating to Housekeeping for the site during the contractual Housekeeping service offer hours.
- Participate in daily huddle meetings with your colleagues and supervisors .
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience as a in a cleaning/housekeeping environment
- Must be professional, friendly, efficient and above all with a positive can do attitude.
- Experienced in providing cleaning/Housekeeping services to an exceptional standard
- Experience in the use of cleaning machines.
- Health and Safety experience – COSSH and Manual Handling. (IOSH an advantage)
- The individual must have the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a calm demeanour
- Experienced within customer relations and how to manage all requests to a successful and positive resolution
- Requires a strength in proactively owning and leading challenge through to successful completion, communicating clearly and concisely to both customer and site leadership
- Attention to detail, methodical approach, organised and able to take a hands-on approach
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.