We currently have an opportunity for a Housekeeping Supervisor to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Ensure all housekeeping meets the specifications and standards set by the client, as directed by the Housekeeping Manager and Operations Manager
- Ensure the housekeeping team operates in a professional manner at all times, portraying a positive working culture and work ethic
- Motivate and lead all employees to perform their roles to a high standard and in alignment to Sodexo policies and procedures
- Liaise with Reception, Maintenance and the Housekeeping Manager with regards to all information
- Manage and operate a daily handover sheet detailing all information which needs to be handed over in the absence of the Housekeeping Manager.
- Ensure all individual housekeeping requirements are in place before the delegates arrive
- Ensure full compliance in relation to the purchasing of all products/equipment necessary to deliver the cleaning service
- Ensure that all costs and expenditure are within the budgeted levels agreed between the Client and Sodexo. Control all costs such as labour, expenses, cash purchases as agreed with your line manager
- Comply with all relevant sections of the Client Quality Assurance Audit.
- Build and maintain excellent client relationships
- Ensure that all equipment, monies and the overall establishment, is safe and secure at all times
- Ensure the standards across the sites are in accordance with the Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators specified in the service contract
- Manage and control all stock, cleaning and chemical requirements used within the department
- Action customer compliments by praising staff and resolve complaints satisfactorily, referring to your line manager where necessary
- Attend to and take all necessary action, statutory or otherwise, in the event of incidents or accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate
- Comply with all Sodexo Company policies/procedures and client site rules and regulations
- To carry out the Duty Manger role as per roster, undertaking all tasks within this role
- To support the Housekeeping Manager with recruitment and manage, induct, train, motivate and appraise staff to promote good employee relations and operate within Company procedures, legislation and the Investors in People standards. Maintain training records for all staff, ensuring that individual needs are recognised and met either through on or off job training.
- Ensure that all Sodexo employees project a positive, approachable, friendly and professional image.
- Comply with the procedures as laid down within the Unit Personnel Manual or as advised by the Human Resources Manager.
- Support with the monthly team briefing meetings using the Company Team Brief format.
- To monitor and report all staff absences
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- People management skills
- Knowledge of the cleaning industry
- Sound communication skills
- An NVQ
- Level of computer literacy
Due to an internal promotion we have a vacancy for a housekeeper within Hythe Officers Mess.
The position is for 37.5 hrs per week, Mon to Friday 7.00 – 15.00 - a very occasional weekend may be required.
The permanent position entails the daily management of accommodation services and the housekeeping team, comprising of 9 x accommodation buildings totalling 467 bedrooms and the public areas of Hythe Officers Mess.
The ideal candidate will be a natural leader with organisation and interpersonal skills. A housekeeping background would be an advantage but not necessary as support training will be given.
This is a perfect opportunity to join a leading global contract catering company, with career progression. For further information please email your CV to Giampiero.Castelli@Sodexo.com or apply online.
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.