We currently have an opportunity for a Housekeeper to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- General cleaning as specified by the Senior Housekeepers
- Cleaning of sanitary areas to include bathroom fixture and fittings
- Sweep and wet mop floors
- Follow ‘Control of Infection’ procedures in accordance with contract regulations and advice
- Comply with National colour coding procedures
- Removal of rubbish as and when required to designated collection areas
- Cleaning and re-lining of internal bins
- Comply with waste disposal procedures
- Fill and replenish paper towel and soap dispensers as and when required
- Damp dust low level furniture, ledges, pipes, radiators, skirting and fire extinguishers
- High level damp dusting of pictures, notice boards, lights, walls, doors and door frames
- General floor scrubbing, spray cleaning and floor maintenance according to contract frequencies and guidelines
- Checking and cleaning of electrical equipment before and after use
- Reporting of equipment breakdown and hazardous occurrences
- Safe and correct use of chemicals following training
- Attend training sessions and complete competency tests as appropriate
- Cleaning and re-stocking of domestic store cupboard
- Adherence to company standards regarding uniform, conduct and the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment
- Carry out reasonable duties as required by the Senior Housekeepers
The Ideal Candidate
- A good standard of English is essential for effective communication and understanding. You may be asked to complete a short competency check at interview stage.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and work ethic
- Team player
- Previous experience of cleaning in a healthcare environment
Monday - Friday 17.00 -21.00 = 17.5 hours per week
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.