Housekeeper/ Patient Service Assistant
We currently have an opportunity for a Domestic Housekeeper to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression
- Carry out all routine cleaning duties at the prescribed times and in compliance with the specific ward/ department policies and procedures at all times.
- Use and care of approved cleaning material and equipment at al times in accordance with the operator instructions
- Ensure that all equipment and materials are used and stored safely in compliance with COSHH regulations
- Undertake all cleaning duties in a safe manner using Hazard signs as appropriate
- Maintenance of high standards of cleaning throughout the area of allocation following correct procedures and equipment
- Maintain ward kitchens in a clean and hygienic manner, reporting any equipment faults as necessary
- Minimising the risks of cross infections by following cleaning and disposal procedures
- Assist in bed washing as necessary
- Use only correct cleaning products and equipment for the specific tasks
- Check and clean toilets/bathrooms and replenish supplies as necessary
- Maintain equipment
- At the discretion of the Hotel Services Co-ordinator, carry out cleaning duties in any other area of the hospital as and when required
The Ideal Candidate
1.Ability to communicate at all levels
2.Physically able to push trolley’s at all times
4.Ability to follow instruction
5.Ability to comply with service requirements in line with client policies at all times.
6.Observance of Health and Safety legislation at all times
7.Undertake training as and when required
8.High standards of personal hygiene
9.Ability to work independently and as part of a team
10.Basic literacy skills
Looking for a Domestic Housekeeper to work at North Devon District Hospital. Duties include: General cleaning staff & patient areas to a high standard.
Hours for this post is 15 hours per week
Monday - Friday 17.00 -20.00
Weekend enhancement Saturdays £11.82 per hour, Sundays & Public Holidays £15.76 per hour
Due to the high number of applications received, it is with regret if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of your application that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Successful applicants are required to provide an enhanced disclosure with expense met by employer
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business