Hotel Services Manager
Sodexo have a fantastic opportunity for a Hotel Services Manager (known in business as a Gateway Manager) to join our busy team based at Brize Norton, Carterton, Oxfordshire.
This role will be responsible for all guest services at our onsite hotel and ensuring these meet the expectations of our guests. The role will report directly to our facilities manager and be responsible for a team of reception, cleaning and catering employees.
The ideal candidate should have experience working in a similar hotelier environment, be an excellent communicator and have fantastic customer service skills
Our wealth of experience partnering Government Agencies means we are able to transfer best practices from the corporate sector to create better working environments in the public sector. We bring services that increase employee engagement, wellbeing and productivity to the public sector to help support government to deliver on its promised outcomes while reducing costs. Our goal is to improve service outcomes and increase overall value to the taxpayer.
- Responsible for managing client and customer relationships and developing and maintaining strong business relationships.
- Understand the client’s business environment and drivers, developing and maintaining strong relationships and establishing a network of client contacts.
- Manage clients proactively and professionally, in line with Clients for Life®, ensuring Sodexo delivers service in line with the client’s business objectives.
- Understand the importance the client places on partnering principles and endeavour to establish a dynamic and positive culture for co-operative business relationships and improvements to service.
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of working in a management role within the soft FM service industry
- Leadership skills and knowledge
- Ability to manage in line with strict guidelines and to plan and prioritise accordingly
- Attention to detail
- People management skills including general HR skills in recruitment, training and managing colleague performance including disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Supervisory knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
Up to £23,000 plus benefits
Monday - Sunday rotational shift pattern including evenings
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business. We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process