We are currently looking to recruit a number of Domestic Cleaners to maintain a clean, safe and hygienic patient environment at the prestigious Imperial Hospital in London.
In this role you should be courteous, helpful and efficient, ensuring high standards of customer care and demonstrating commitment to a positive patient experience. You’ll deliver a cleaning service in accordance to work schedules and in line with Sodexo and Trust policy, seeking to raise standards and improve service quality every day.
- Carry out routine cleaning tasks at the scheduled time, in a specified area and in accordance with all relevant policies and procedures
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout the area of responsibility
- Empty and dispose of domestic and clinical waste in accordance with the Trust’s infection prevention and control & waste disposal policies
- Replenish consumables (i.e. paper towels, toilet rolls, soap, etc)
- Store and use cleaning equipment and materials safely and efficiently and in compliance with COSHH
- Liaise with clinical staff in order to deliver a patient focused service
- Comply with Trust and Sodexo policy and deliver patient promises
- Communicate in a polite, clear and timely manner with customers
- Demonstrate a caring, compassionate and positive attitude to patients, staff and visitors at all times
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent customer service skills, showing empathy, care and compassion
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, colleagues and clients
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and professionally – dealing with stressful and changeable situations
- Ability to adhere to instructions, standards and procedures
- Ability to build relationships and show respect for other people
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Ability to work as part of a team
- NVQ Healthcare support services, BICSc CPSS
- Previous experience working in a healthcare environment
Full Time Permanent Position - 37.5 hours per week.
£7.83 Hours per week.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.