Do you have excellent communication and people management skills with a Facilities Management insight? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a Helpdesk Co-ordinator to join our team, showcasing their knowledge whilst also furthering their career within a large PFI contract for our Government & Agencies business.
The helpdesk is the first point of contact for a variety of facilities management requirements and administration which interfaces with the Facilities Management on site teams and clients (both internal and external) so excellent communication, organisation skills and understanding of the contract is a must.
You will play an influential role in driving change, whilst engaging and interacting with onsite teams and clients to ensure standards of service are met. With strong people management skills, customer focus and knowledge of the contract you will effectively manage the day to day operations ensuring that the team provides a friendly and proactive service. You will ensure that the team efficiently handle each query whilst also ensuring compliance within the contractual obligations, providing coaching and training as required.
To be truly successful in this role you’ll be a creative influencer and leader, you’ll bring exceptional attention to detail and a high level of focus and coaching. You’ll be able to prioritise workload and take ownership to drive service excellence within your area, being able to challenge with humility when required.
- Lead, support and manage the helpdesk team to ensure compliance with the contractual obligations are met (including call monitoring, objective setting, coaching, absence management and forward planning)
- Liaise with key teams (for example FM teams, management teams and contract staff) to ensure all issues are resolved
- Monitor and provide support and guidance on contractual obligations, ensuring all work orders have been accurately created, assigned, prioritised and categorised in line with contractual KPI's and SLA's
- Analyse helpdesk work orders to ensure that they are progressed in accordance with contractual timescales, using analytical data to monitor and identify issues
- Support with updating and maintaining key contractual documentation and CAFM records as required
- Take ownership of the complaints procedure and ensure that root cause and lessons learn management if followed
*Please also see attached job description
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of managing a team in a fast paced customer focus environment
- Experience in using Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel at advanced level
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Proven ability to work under pressure and deal with challenging situations
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and professional with the ability to make decisions, take ownership and use your own initiative to resolve problems.
- Previous experience of managing teams, multiple stakeholders against tight deadlines
- Demonstrate the knowledge of how to use analytics to manage and drive performance
- An understanding of FM contracts (ideally within a PFI context), key performance indicators and deliverables would be an advantage
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally from a PFI contract in an engineering environment/facilities co-ordinator role
- Knowledge/qualification in Health & Safety and Food Safety
£24,400 - £27,100 per annum + benefits
At Merville Barracks, we also offer free parking on site and subsidised meals along with the benefits listed above. This is a great opportunity to deliver and improve the quality of life to those we serve, as the site is not only their workplace but also their home.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.