Do you have excellent team management and communication skills with a Facilities Management insight? If so, this is an excellent opportunity to showcase your knowledge whilst also furthering your career!
Joining a brand-new team based at the University of Greenwich, you'll lead and support a team of four Facilities Management HelpDesk Operators to provide first line helpdesk support. The helpdesk is the first point of contact for a variety of Facilities Management requirements which interfaces with the Facilities Management on site teams and clients (both internal and external) so excellent communication, organisation skills and understanding of the contract is a must.
Ideally you will have experience of managing a small team within a Facilities Management helpdesk environment, or you will have held a team leader position and see this as your next step.
Our team runs a shift pattern as the helpdesk runs 7am to 7pm, so flexibility is a must.
- You will partner with the onsite management team to ensure that all reactive and planned work is scheduled to maximise efficiency and ensure it is managed through to completion.
- You will be responsible for recruiting, training and managing a small team of Helpdesk Operatives ensuring that they follow Company polices and processes.
- You’ll have an eye for detail identifying any potential areas of improvement and actioning this with the support of senior management.
- You’ll act as an escalation point from the helpdesk operatives’ team.
- You’ll contribute to the review of the Help Desk to ensure that the service continues to be efficient and effective and considers changing service levels and priorities
- You’ll manage fluctuations and peaks in activity by using the resources available to you, and where needed be active in assisting the team.
- You’ll improve the performance of the team by maintaining communication with staff and providing the appropriate support and guidance.
- You’ll be driven by having a high degree of customer and supplier satisfaction, applying logic and common sense to requests for assistance, ensuring that identified criteria are escalated in accordance with procedures.
- You’ll have a willingness to complete training and coaching sessions and incorporate any changes necessary in your duties, methods, working hours and procedures
- Monitor daily and report KPIs achievement on a weekly basis detailing mitigated actions
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a team leader or managerial role within an FM helpdesk environment is preferred.
- Customer focused with excellent communication skills - listening, speaking and writing – able to build relationships with both colleagues and client contacts at all levels of seniority
- A strong team manager, calm under pressure, approachable with an interest in developing team members.
- Accurate, numerate and with an eye for detail; able to self-check own work and quality check the work of team members.
- Experience with setting targets and KPI’s
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum + bonus + benefits
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.