HMP Forest Bank are recruiting for a Healthcare Assistant to manage the doctors surgery daily duties and administrative tasks.
HMP Forest Bank serves the courts of Greater Manchester and maintains strong links to the local community with a focus on resettlement. We aim to deliver quality of life services and support people to change their lives for the better.
Opportunities for learning and developing work-ready skills are on offer for all who come in to custody, but our commitment to reducing reoffending in local communities does not end at the prison gate. We support people released from custody through innovative partnerships in substance misuse services in Bury and Oldham, working with people to maintain recovery and lead law-abiding lives.
As well as the 16 residential units on site, there is a healthcare centre, gym, library, workshop complex, visits hall, chaplaincy and kitchen. The prison’s capacity stands at 1,460, holding adult men both on remand or sentenced and young prisoners between the ages of 18-21 years.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in Justice
- Assist with patient clinical care if required
- Deliver planned programmes of care
- Assist the RGN in clinics or with tasks as directed
- Gather information for clinical data
- Contribute to reviewing all aspects of care plans and identify when it's not addressing clients needs
- Maintaining accurate and legible patient notes
- Participate in one to one interventions or within a group setting
- Internal rotation days to nights, covering weekends
- Manage a clinic or assist the RGN in a specialised clinic
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of IT clinical systems
- Experience managing difficult/complex patients
- Strong work ethic, able to work alone or as part of a team
- Skills of working within a patient centred setting
- Awareness of mental health issues
- Good record keeping skills and clinical governance knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible for days, nights, weekends rotational shift patterns
37.5 hours per week - we can be very flexible on hours worked & shift patterns.
Salary £21,215.28 per annum, 20 days holiday plus bank holidays, free meals on duty
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.