Head of Resettlement
Do you have strong senior leadership skills and are looking for a new rewarding challenge where you can make a difference to the lives of women? Do you want to be part of a team that supports each other and drives innovation?
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operational Senior Leader to bring their skills and experience to HMP Bronzefield. Prison experience is not essential, but we are looking for someone with a passion for building relationships to help change lives for the better. Working in this fast-paced environment means that every day is different and offers new challenges and opportunities.
You must have a strong leadership and management capability and have substantial risk management experience to offer quick solutions that are easy to communicate.
Awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People, HMP YOI Bronzefield focuses on providing needs-based services and programmes aimed at rehabilitating and maintaining the well-being of prisoners. HMP YOI Bronzefield is an all-female prison that can hold up to 542 women. Working in a prison might not be what you think. We have a huge range of roles in a dynamic, unique, exciting, challenging but very rewarding environment. We aim to reduce reoffending and rehabilitate, changing lives for the better.
Sodexo Justice delivers custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within England, Scotland and Wales and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
- Deliver the vision of HMP Bronzefield to ensure that the reducing re-offending pathways and rehabilitative culture operate efficiently in accordance with the values of the Prison.
- Ensure that local strategies align with the needs of the population of HMP Bronzefield and inform wider criminal justice priorities.
- Lead relationship management with Commissioned Rehabilitative Services and demonstrate a strong understanding of women’s services within the community and custodial environment.
- Encourage and lead on the development of delivering rehabilitative and resettlement services at HMP Bronzefield and identify co-commissioning opportunities to improve outcomes for women in our care.
- Maintain communications and relationships with a range of external organisations focused on resettlement and rehabilitation.
- Conducts disciplinary and grievance hearings and appeals in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Participate in recruitment, promotion and selection and drive towards efficient and effective use of resources
Please see attached job description for further information regarding the role requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- Credibility, authenticity and integrity.
- Delivery focussed, with a clear understanding of female offending and the gender differences/experiences of women in custody.
- Senior leadership experience,
- Experience of contract management or managing performance in a complex environment / organisation.
- A clear and demonstrable understanding of what makes a good leader, the skills required and the ability to motivate and engage others
- Ability to manage, develop and lead client and 3rd party key stakeholder relationships
- A clear and demonstrable understanding of key people management tools and resources
- High level Risk Management skills
- Experience of managing engagement, compliance and high-quality risk assessment and analysis. Experience of community engagement and working with stakeholders. Demonstrating an ability to resolve complex issues and sound judgements in relation to risk assessment. Successful candidates will demonstrate enthusiasm, commitment, motivation, and the ability to be both fair and firm in challenging situations.
£52,000 - £58,000 depending on experience
Bonus and Flex fund also included
37.5 hours per week
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.
Post holders will be subjected to an advanced DBS check, a prison security check (level 2) prior to being employed.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.