To ensure that the catering services are delivered at the required times to the companys standards, within the agreed specification and to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets. To take responsibility for food production, to include craft team management / ordering commodities / assisting with stock takes / updating stats and completion of Recipe On Line planning. Responsibility for menu cycle and special dish development / catering committee tastings. Craft Training / Team Building / Assist with Craft Team Recruitment & Interviewing
- Meet the demands of customers by providing the right catering services within the agreed SLA andcontract agreement
- Assist the teams under your control to manage the quality and hygiene of the food cycle from preparation through to delivery.
- Actively enforce relevant statutory, company and site OH&S compliance through out the unit
- Motivate and lead the craft team to perform their roles to a high standard and in alignment with Sodexo policies and procedures
- Actively seek and identify opportunities for business growth within the contract and external market
- Manage menu development, including providing tasting sessions if requiredto the client catering committee.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in managing and leading a kitchen team
- Catering qualifications at 706 1 / 2 or equivalent as a minimum
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments & innovations
- Strong financial understanding and demonstrable budgeting management
- Experienced in adhering to and driving company initiatives
- Personal innovation and passion
- Demonstrative customer focus and service skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experience working in a standards /compliance environment
- IT literate
The successful applicant will not have to work every weekend (on average 1 in 3), there is a Christmas stand down so it is very rare you will be required to work over the festive period, and all uniform and safety wear is provided. In addition, there will be opportunities for overtime. You also benefit from free onsite parking, that is secure.
Minimum qualifications required for this post are: 706/1 City and Guilds, NVQ Level 2 or proven experience. If the applicant has no formal qualifications, then they must have a minimum of 5 years Chef experience. Successful applicants will need to complete a Level 2 NVQ in Professional Cookery within 15 months of joining the company (there is no cost to the individual).
There is a joining bonus payable after successful completion of the probation period.