We are currently seeking a Head Chef to work in one of our Mayo sites.
We are looking for someone with excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise their workload and have the ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
You will be working as part of a team but you will at times be expected to work independently and under your own initiative.
- To present food in line with company policy
- Have a creative and passionate approach to menu design and implementation
- Energetic and passionate approach is essential
- Be organised and an experienced time manager
- To adhere to all aspects of health and safety legislation and company policy ensuring your own safety and the safety of colleagues and customers;
- To ensure security of all food/beverage stocks within the food production area;
- To keep abreast of all modern techniques and advancement to improve services for the advancement of the client and customer;
- To maintain effective communication with the customers
- To present a professional image at all times
- To carry out any reasonable request
- Engage and train all kitchen staff according to company standards
- Adhere to all food hygiene, health and safety legislation and company policy
- Present a strong Sodexo image at all times
- Maintain effective communication at all levels at all times in line with Sodexo policy
- Carry out any reasonable request by your Line Manager
- To ensure that food is produced within budget guidelines covering the three main areas:
- raw material control;
- sales control;
- wages and labour control
- Ensuring that all menu cycles are designed and costed to achieve the budgeted gross profit margin in line with the internal Sodexo Recipe on Line function
- The ability to demonstrate innovative, creative ideas and have a genuine interest in all aspects of the catering business
- Excellent financial and budgetary experience.
- Ensuring H.A.C.C.P. principles are being executed and that all records and food safety checks are being carried out within the kitchen and related areas.
- Experience of managing and motivating a successful team
- Overseeing all food orders on site in line with Company Purchasing procedures
- An aptitude and desire to increase sales and create a customer focused environment
- To work and support the Business Manager with their key responsibilities on site.
- To act as a mentor and lead by example.
• Prepare and assist at any special function which may sometimes occur outside normal working hours
• Report and take action on customer/client complaints or compliments, incidents of fire, theft, loss, unfit food, accident or other irregularities
• Attend meetings and training courses as may be necessary from time to time some of which may occur outside working hours
• Carry out reasonable periods of overtime as may be required from time to time
The Ideal Candidate
- Third level qualification. (HACCP/Culinary Arts/Professional Cookery)
- Experience in a similar role i.e. Head Chef.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to innovate.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong commercial awareness and financial acumen.
Monday to Friday
39 hours per week
Training will be given
Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process