Planned Preventative Maintenance and reactive maintenance of general building fabric. Working throughout the Central belt of Scotland, you will have experience / expertise in diagnosing faults and rectifying them. Ensuring all statutory requirements are adhered to.
- Undertaking Preventative Planned Maintenance (PPM) tasks
- First line response to any associated work orders
- Emergency lighting testing
- Replace tubes, lamps and LED fittings
- Carry out minor adaptations to the environment, i.e. putting up shelves, notice boards
- Decoration and refurbishment
- Unblock sinks, toilets and drains, repair leaks, fit new tap washers, repair ballcocks
- Minor plumbing installations
- Building fabric repairs, i.e. tiling, ceiling tiles, flooring etc
- Adjust doors, tighten hinges, change or fit locks and door closures
- Any other duties as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of PPM and reactive work/tasks for a company
- Hold current driving license with less than 6 penalty points
- Good computer skills (MS Office, PDA’s etc)
- Physically fit as lifting may be involved
- Must be able to work in restricted/confined spaces
- Must be able to work at height
- A good knowledge of health and safety
- Ability to handle tools correctly and safely
- Recognised apprenticeship or NVQ
- PASMA/IPAF trained
- Asbestos awareness
- L8 / Potable Water awareness
Central Scotland / 40hrs per week, M-F with shift work [as required] / On Call
Full details below.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process