Grounds Maintenance Person
We currently have an opportunity for a Grounds Maintenance Person to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Undertaking grounds maintenance, horticultural and related tasks within the designated sites to the required specifications and quality standards
- Undertaking all grass cutting
- Edge trimming
- General pruning
- Undertaking the watering of plants, beds and containers on the site
- Removal of rubbish from waste bins
- Assist the Handyman and cleaning service as required
- The collection and the removal of any waste arising from activities
- Conducting relevant preventive maintenance checks of machinery provided for the undertaking of ground maintenance
- To implement the principles and the practices of the Health and Safety and Assurance at work and the customer care whilst at work including reporting to your line manager any hazards, unsafe procedures or systems
- To ensure appropriate company paper work is completed daily, weekly and monthly
The Ideal Candidate
- Driving licence
- Knowledge and experience of maintaining grass, shrubs etc.
FACILITIES & GROUNDS MAINTENANCE OPERATIVE
Sodexo provide the best possible environment in which to learn through the providing well maintained functional buildings to allow school building users to feel safe , secure and comfortable.
Job role involves mobile grounds maintenance across six schools in Exeter and to provide some caretaking duties to schools as part of a wider team
Applicants must be able to gain a clear Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service record. Full driving license essential.
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.