Senior Events Manager
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Events Manager to join our Heritage Portfolio Team, who are part of the Sodexo Family, based at Dundas Castle, one of Scotland’s most beautiful and historic castles near Edinburgh.
Our prestigious client base knows they can trust us to deliver a turnkey service from start to finish, and our reputation for professionalism, innovation and sheer artistry means we have won a plethora of awards.
Our talented team of hospitality specialists manage the full events calendar for Dundas and this role will oversee this operation ensuring it is delivered to an exceptionally high standard.
You will be experienced in managing a team in the events industry and demonstrate a real passion for food and catering bringing to life your love of our industry to our client and customers.
This is a truly exceptional role, working in an amazing venue, delivering first class events throughout the year.
At Heritage Portfolio our people not only look after our customers and clients, they are the heart and soul of our business. Renowned for being a cut above the rest, we would love for you to join the team
- Ensure all event planning, operational and kitchen service delivery functions for contract are in place
- To plan, execute and monitor exceptional Food Safety and Health and Safety standards in all areas of the venue and contract remit
- Responsibility and accountability in delivery of all financial aspects of the account
- Meet with sales and marketing teams to assist in creating marketing plans, offer support at trade shows and Fam trips to the benefit of Dundas Castle and Heritage Portfolio
- To lead innovation and service styles that drives positive PR, positive client feedback, increased revenues or win new business
- Consistently engaging with the team ensuring innovation of service styles and food offers
For a full list of responsibilities please review the attached job description
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience managing a team in the events industry
- Financial awareness and understanding of a profit and loss account
- A passionate interest in the catering industry – knowledge of current trend and interest in the hospitality world
- Demonstrable experience in a high-volume catering environment
- A competent communicator and ability to present to colleagues, peers and clients
From £35,000 plus excellent benefits
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process