Food Services Manager - Healthcare
An excellent opportunity has become available for an experienced Food Services Manager to join our team in Wythenshawe Hospital. In this role you will look after the provision of food service for patients, staff, and visitors onsite as well as ensure the standard of food throughout the services is achieving client expectations. The emphasis will be based on food delivery and quality of patient catering at ward level. You will be an excellent communicator wanting to build and maintain strong working relationships. This person will oversee Patient Dining and Retail, reporting directly into the Senior Services Manager. If you thrive on a challenge and have the resilience to cover multiple projects, this could be perfect for you!
You should have a proven track record in Facilities Management support services, with experience in a patient dining setting. You should also be an experienced leader with excellent stakeholder management, great customer service and influencing skills.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- To work collectively with the Finance team to deliver budgeted profit and turnover for services and accounts
- Responsible for ensuring compliance of own team with all Company and Trust policies and procedures whilst proactively responding to prevent and deal with issues of non-conformance
- Ensure achievement of high levels of client and service user satisfaction and monitor these on a regular basis.
- Responsible for the recruitment and management of direct reports. This will include responsibility for their development which will include health & safety, communication of shared goals and ensuring that effective performance development reviews (PDRs) take place.
- Responsible for ensuring that effective and consistent management is applied by your management and supervisory team to all staff within area of responsibility. This will include managing staff in line with the appropriate policies in relation to issues including conduct, performance, absence, grievance, fair treatment, pay progression, leave and all other HR policies.
- Ensure that there is effective two-way communication to all levels of staff within area. This will include ensuring that team briefings take place and that Company and Trust objectives, and values are communicated.
- Ensure that health and safety standards are understood and delivered across all of hospital operations. This must include any agency staff and all employees from their first date working on site.
- Contribute to strategic discussions as part of the senior site management team sharing ideas and best practice to improve site performance. Implementing new policies and procedures which have been discussed and agreed with colleagues.
- Bring innovative commercial ideas and practices into the organisation, by analysing and comparing a range of options. Work closely with regional support (Marketing, BIGS) to continuously improve services provided.
- Management of 3rd party contractors used on site and ensuring that a quality and value for money service is provided. This will include the supply of any agency labour used and ensuring that the suppliers comply with all Company and Trust requirements.
- Contract compliance and being accountable for delivering services to the contract and service specification in an efficient manner.
- Demonstrate a focus on contract retention using the “Clients for Life” principles.
- Accountability for escalating potential risks identified as appropriate. These risks may be operational, related to knowledge and people, financial, compliance or risks to the Company reputation.
- Responsibility for succession planning and workforce planning within zonal area ensuring that adequate management cover is provided in own absence and in the absence of other members of the management and supervisory team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong operational background in the support services, facilities management, leisure, retail sectors, (or related), ideally with exposure to the healthcare market.
- An experienced leader and developer of teams, who is effective directing others
- Experience in a hospital environment
- Knowledge of food hygiene issues
- The ideal candidate will have experience of 1-2 years of managing diets within a patient environment
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and general IT systems
- Willingness to get involved and offer a flexible approach to working
To £40,000pa + excellent bonus and benefits
Location: Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester, M23
Work Pattern – 40hrs pw Monday to Friday but flexibility essential to cover on call on a rota basis
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.