Food Service Assistant
We currently have an opportunity for a Food Service Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To assist as directed with all aspects of preparation and presentation to the Company's standards
- To provide an efficient and friendly service to customers in all areas of the catering department
- To ensure that food is presented and served in a clean, hygienic environment
- To assist at service times by serving the customer at the counter as directed, to the Company's standard
- To complete all necessary sales controls and documentation for each service
- To communicate well with customers and demonstrate a helpful attitude at all times
- To undertake all aspects in cleaning equipment to the Company’s standard according to the cleaning rota or as directed
- To ensure tables and accompaniments are kept as clean as is reasonably practicable and adequately stocked during service times and relay as required
- To load service counters as and when directed and to ensure sufficient supplies throughout the service period
- Fill and clean vending machines, record on Service cards
- Check deliveries and temperatures on delivery, also record food temperatures during service temperatures
- Operate till during service periods
- To fulfil any reasonable management request
- To attend/receive any job-related training as required
Additional Ad-hoc Duties:
- To assist at any special functions, some of which may occur outside working hours
- To report any customer complaints or compliments and take some remedial action if at all possible
- To report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate or possible
- To attend meetings and training courses as may be necessary
- To provide cover in other areas during periods of holidays and sickness
The Ideal Candidate
- Good communications skills
- Previous food handling experience
- Ability to adhere to all health & safety practices
- Strong customer service skills
- High level performer
- High levels of personal hygiene and appearance
- Food hygiene certificate
Experienced Food Service Assistant/Breakfast Chef required to work Saturday & Sundays to provide a high standard & fresh breakfast for 10-30 customers. The shift pattern is four hours starting at 07:15 - 11:15 and serving a breakfast between 08:30 - 10:30. Ideally the successful candidate will have some experience in batch cooking, HACCP & COSHH.
We care looking for someone with catering experience and with a basic understanding of Food Safety. You will be responsible for the daily paperwork, using an EPOS till, cash handling and reporting any issues to the Line Manager.
You will also be responsible for completing any additional tasks that the Line Manager requests and completing basic salad/sandwich preparation. We are looking to employ someone who can use their own initiative, work well with a team and on their own.
Some training will be given throughout the 3 month probation period however we are looking to employ an experienced breakfast chef for the role. The weekend rate is £11.00 per hour with additional shifts available to cover staff holidays and any periods of sickness that may occur. The weekly rate of pay is £8.91.
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 43,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.