Food Service Assistant
We currently have an opportunity for a Food Service Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To assist as directed with all aspects of preparation and presentation to the Company's standards
- To provide an efficient and friendly service to customers in all areas of the catering department
- To ensure that food is presented and served in a clean, hygienic environment
- To assist at service times by serving the customer at the counter as directed, to the Company's standard
- To complete all necessary sales controls and documentation for each service
- To communicate well with customers and demonstrate a helpful attitude at all times
- To undertake all aspects in cleaning equipment to the Company’s standard according to the cleaning rota or as directed
- To ensure tables and accompaniments are kept as clean as is reasonably practicable and adequately stocked during service times and relay as required
- To load service counters as and when directed and to ensure sufficient supplies throughout the service period
- Fill and clean vending machines, record on Service cards
- Check deliveries and temperatures on delivery, also record food temperatures during service temperatures
- Operate till during service periods
- To fulfil any reasonable management request
- To attend/receive any job-related training as required
Additional Ad-hoc Duties:
- To assist at any special functions, some of which may occur outside working hours
- To report any customer complaints or compliments and take some remedial action if at all possible
- To report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate or possible
- To attend meetings and training courses as may be necessary
- To provide cover in other areas during periods of holidays and sickness
The Ideal Candidate
- Good communications skills
- Previous food handling experience
- Ability to adhere to all health & safety practices
- Strong customer service skills
- High level performer
- High levels of personal hygiene and appearance
- Food hygiene certificate
- Must be able to work between 7am-3pm and be flexible in order to cover Annual Leave etc.
- All Candidates will be expected to apply and pass Level 2 Vetting - The Forms are attached and should be completed and emailed following Interview Stage.
- To continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position, including any required training courses
Roles & Responsibilities (This list is not exhaustive):
- To maintain excellent client/customer relationships
- To attend team briefs, huddles and meetings as required
- To attend your performance development review to discuss job standards and agree development activities
- To maintain a clean and tidy work area at all times
- To maintain high levels of personal hygiene and wear the appropriate uniform and PPE as required
- To care for all available resources including equipment, materials and supplies as directed
- To report any near miss occurrences, accidents or faulty equipment to management
- To ensure effective communication with line manager, team, customer and client organisation.
- To offer exemplary standards of customer service as the front line towards all visitors and staff at the site, assisting with queries where possible
- Comply with all Sodexo company policies/procedures and client site rules and regulations
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks and/or instructions as directed by management including supporting other sites.
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 43,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.