Food Service Assistant
As a Food Service Assistant at Sodexo in Derry/Londonderry (BT48 0BF), you'll help with the preparation and serving of our vibrant menu and ensuring all working areas are kept clean and tidy. Your cheerful customer service will put a smile on people's faces and will makes an impact in their everyday lives. Join Sodexo and be part of something greater. You belong in a team where you can act with purpose and thrive in your own way.
What you’ll do:
Assist in setup and serving of hot and/or cold foods from counters and steamtables
Clean and sanitize equipment and workstations
Reads recipes and/or product directions and estimate food requirements
Serve and replenish food from counters and steam table and break down stations at the end of meal periods
Interacts with customers in the serving, retail, and dining areas
What you bring:
Positive attitude, professionalism and respect for others
Basic food-handling skills
Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
No previous work experience required
What we offer:
Working with Sodexo is more than a job; it’s a chance to be part of something greater. You’ll belong in a company and team that values you for you; you’ll act with purpose and have an impact through your everyday actions; and you’ll be able to thrive in your own way. In addition, we also offer a range of resources, rewards and benefits for our colleagues and their families:
- Unlimited access to an online platform offering mental health and wellbeing support.
- Employee Assistance Programme to help with everyday issues or larger problems where you may need additional support, including legal and financial advice, support with work related issues or personal issues such as bereavement.
- Access to a free health and wellbeing app that provides rewards for maintaining a healthy lifestyle and includes access to a 24hr virtual GP and various other services.
- The Sodexo Discounts Scheme, offering great deals 24/7 (also open to friends and family) and/or the prepayment cashback card.
- Money Insights and financial benefits via the Salary Finance Platform.
- Save for your future by becoming a member of the Sodexo Retirement Plan
- A death in Service benefit for colleagues who pass away whilst employed by Sodexo
- Opportunities to enable colleagues to grow and succeed throughout their career at Sodexo, including apprenticeships and a variety of learning and development tools.
- Cycle to Work Scheme to help colleagues to do their bit for the environment whilst keeping fit.
- Volunteering Opportunities to enable all colleagues to help support worthwhile causes in our communities.
- Flexible and dynamic work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Full training and full protective uniform supplied
Ready to be part of something greater? Apply today!
Sodexo reserves the right to close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications
- Food Service Assistant
- 8pm to 3am Week 1: 5 days Friday to Monday & Thursday Week 2: 2days Tuesday to Wednesday With Alternate Weekends
- 24 Hours worked per week
- £10.72 per hour + Sodexo Benefits
- Full uniform and training provided
- Free parking onsite
- 20 days annual leave increasing to 25 with service (Pro-Rata)
- Free GP service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life assurance
- Company pension scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Employee assistance program with counselling and life advice supports
- Family leave options
- Shopping Discounts
- Training, development, and progression opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme (Talent Spotters)
- Online Recognition Scheme (Reward Hub)
About the Company
At Sodexo, our purpose is to create a better everyday for everyone to build a better life for all. As the global leader in services that improve the Quality of Life, we operate in 55 countries, serving over 100 million consumers each day through our unique combination of On-Site Food and FM Services, Benefits & Rewards Services and Personal & Home Services.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities. We encourage our employees to get involved with our Employee Networks such as Pride, Sodexo Working Parents, Sodexo Disability, So together, generations and origins. We have also launched Be Heard which is an employee network designed to bring black colleagues together (virtually) to bring about positive change.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
Click here to read more about what we do to promote an inclusive culture.