Food Assistant - Broomfield Hospital
As we find ourselves in these challenging times, you may be in a situation where you are looking for a new role or some temporary work. As a key partner to the NHS, Sodexo plays a big part in supporting the NHS through these unprecedented times, by providing a number of services including Patient Dining
We currently have several opportunities available to join our Sodexo Healthcare team at Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford as a Food Assistant. In this role you'll ensure the prompt and efficient preparation and service of all meals, maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene of the service at all times.
Patient Dining is a key role in supporting the day-to-day running of the hospital, delivering a quality patient dining service to all patients. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company
You may feel uncertain around coming to work in a hospital environment at this time, but please be assured that the health and safety of our employees, clients, suppliers and the people we serve every day is our top priority. Each site is introducing the appropriate measures to ensure everyone's safety and monitoring this daily.
Join our team today and do your part in supporting the NHS during this difficult time!
- Assist with the preparation of food as necessary, and assembling meals for presentation to the patient
- Ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, accounting for any specific dietary requirements
- Check the temperature of food prior to service to patients
- Assist the service for all Hospitality related activities
- Ensure stock control procedures are maintained
- Cleaning of all equipment using appropriate materials to ensure a high standard of cleanliness
The Ideal Candidate
- Ensure compliance with all statutory Health and Safety and Food Hygiene regulations
- Experience with food handling ideally gained in a similar environment
- Knowledge of best practice in relation to cleaning
- Basic food hygiene qualification
- Excellent customer service skills, able to interact effectively with patients when required and present a positive impression of Sodexo
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.