Fire Maintenance Operative
HMP Forest Bank are recruiting for a Fire Maintenance Operative to carry out various fire safety maintenance and repairs to ensure the safe and efficient running of the establishment.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
HMP Forest Bank serves the courts of Greater Manchester and maintains strong links to the local community with a focus on resettlement. We aim to deliver quality of life services and support people to change their lives for the better.
Opportunities for learning and developing work-ready skills are on offer for all who come in to custody, but our commitment to reducing reoffending in local communities does not end at the prison gate. We support people released from custody through innovative partnerships in substance misuse services in Bury and Oldham, working with people to maintain recovery and lead law-abiding lives.
As well as the 16 residential units on site, there is a healthcare centre, gym, library, workshop complex, visits hall, chaplaincy and kitchen. The prison’s capacity stands at 1,460, holding adult men both on remand or sentenced and young prisoners between the ages of 18-21 years.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in Justice
- Carry out all fire safety maintenance repairs, planned preventative facilities tasks and project work as directed in order to ensure that operational support is provided to the establishment at all times
- Carry out various fire safety maintenance and repairs to ensure the safe and efficient running of the establishment
- Cleaning of the in cell fire ventilation ducts/vents across the estate, planned maintenance on all cell inundation points together with carrying out the NOMs spec fire smoke testing across the establishment from an agreed rolling program
- Ensure that all works are undertaken in a safe manner in accordance with good practice and current legislation.
- Be familiar with, and adhere to, tool management procedures as laid down in the Local Security Strategy
- Undertake duties, as required that contribute to the effective operation of the prison
- Escort specialist contractors and work beside them as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a similar role
- High level of personal skills
- Have a positive approach to Health and Safety
- Proactive, systematic approach to tasks
- Ability to work to correct time schedules and deadlines
£23,862.00 per annum plus benefits including free parking, free meals on duty, pension and shopping discounts.
37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday 7.30am 16.30pm
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.