Finance Director - EMEA
Do you have a proven track record in finance with experience in an international and multicultural environment? Do you thrive under pressure? Are you innovative, forward thinking and able to handle an environment that is constantly changing?
We have a fantastic opportunity to work for one of our most prestigious, strategic and forward-thinking clients who is a major player in the Technology market. For the right person, this role could grow significantly as there are opportunities to grow this business globally.
The Finance Director is specifically responsible for driving the global financial and commercial performance of the contract across the EMEA Region alongside the EMEA Regional Account Director and ensuring risk mitigation plans are in place. You will be a key member of the account team and contribute significantly to delivering the value of this contract to the client and to Sodexo.
This is a decision-making role, working as the key finance business partner and building key relationships with client stakeholders. The commercial aspect of the contract is challenging and will require significant change management from the leadership teams. You will play a significant role in contributing to the achievement of business results, implementation of strategy and delivery through the development and creation of a global framework that ensures long term financial objectives are accomplished.
Please note you do not need to be UK based to apply for this position.
- Contributing to the key growth drivers of the account:
- Supporting the mobilization (as necessary) of sites, including working with account and country teams to genrate client savings and deliver Sodexo GP;
- Overseeing all commercial aspects of Contract under the MSA;
- Involvement in tenders or growth discussions
- Implementation of innovation and Strategic Accounts best practices.
- Implementing and driving the commercial/financial function across the account and in countries to support the delivery of the overall account objectives – as a minimum GIC;
- Developing management reporting, in line with strategic accounts standard practices, with particular focus on:
- Tracking initiatives related to savings commitments and other contractual changes
- Operational performance metrics, early warning issues and corrective action plans; and
- Optimising revenue and profit opportunities across the account
- Deploying and streamlining with the client and Sodexo (corporate/regions/countries/sites) global financial processes in line with the Regional Contract
- Leading all financial activities on the account with the support of the Corporate finance teams: internal control, planning, risk management, cash management
- Deploying exiting strategic accounts tools as appropriate to support the deployment of the contract
- Managing relationships with client stakeholders & attend client meetings as required (workshops, regional reviews, tender workshops)
The Ideal Candidate
- Educated to a minimum of bachelors degree in accounting and finance or equivalent standard and relevant accounting qualification
- Proven track record in finance with experience in an international and multicultural environment
- Significant commercial exposure providing the experience to be a business partner to operations - gravitas and experience to challenge
- Relationship builder both internally and externally, with ability to influence and negotiate externally
- Experience of financial modelling
- Process orientation and implementation experience
- Hands on pro-active approach with an ability to work well autonomously
- Excellent communication skills (Sodexo country finance teams and client finance team) and proven ability to work in a collaborative way
- Presentation skills, ability to interact at any level of the organization
- Fluent English (written and spoken with a second language preferable
Other relevant information
Regular international travel and overnight stays will be required
Up to £100,000 with the associated benefits you would expect from a leadership role.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process