Finance Business Partner
HMP Addiewell are currently recruiting for a Finance Business Partner. This is a key role within the Senior Management Team at the establishment where you will provide strong leadership and direction in all financial and commercial areas including but not limited to: business analysis, reporting, accounting, planning, control and risk management. To be successful in this role, you must be a CCAB qualified accountant and possess substantial experience in financial and contract management in a complex business environment.
Addiewell opened in 2008 and has become an integral part of the Scottish Prison Service estate earning much praise for our innovation, use of technology, strong partnership working as well as our “can do” culture.
- Oversight of core, periodic reporting and analysis – ranging from management accounts to trend analysis, from compliance to statutory reporting.
- Challenge and support the development of efficient and cost effective labour structures and operational reporting within the prison.
- Work closely with Procurement to maximise input pricing efficiencies without compromising operational service delivery.
- Contribute to the contract performance agenda including but not limited to: FM & Lifecycle, violence reduction, staff retention, Education and Healthcare.
- Operate as a positive Ambassador for Sodexo and Sodexo Justice Services.
- Set and maintain the strategic business direction of the prison in the context of the wider organisation whilst accounting for SJS and wider Sodexo variances and priorities.
- Contribute effectively to the Operational and Finance SMT’s agenda for business improvement.
- Action the agreed Business Plans on time and within budget to meet the needs of the business
- Identify, manage, control and review prison financial and contractual risks to, support and develop the management of Sodexo’s risk management framework and process.
- Develop your team to provide effective cover and create career development opportunities that would benefit individuals and Sodexo (succession planning etc).
- Use the contract change process to identify and resource new work.
- Engage effective communication, internally and externally to deliver your accountabilities and to promote SJS as provider of choice.
The Ideal Candidate
- Substantial proven experience as a Qualified Accountant.
- Strong reporting and organisation skills.
- Experience of multi-contract management
- Outstanding track record in influencing decision making within a Business and improving performance with substantial positive profit impact.
- Substantial analytical skills able to understand complex issues and advise and able to prioritise action plans to resolve
- Client (Customer) and / or Supplier contact evidenced by the ability to make and influence profitable decisions on behalf the business.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills for managing senior level relationships and difficult performance management conversations.
- Strong commercial acumen, willing and able to challenge accepted practices and processes.
- Able to demonstrate tangible delivered improvements in business performance.
- The ability to combine strategic and analytical perspectives with a pragmatic approach. Also the ability to keep focus on day-to-day performance whilst simultaneously working towards longer term goals.
£50,000 – £60,000
25 days holiday + bank holidays, bonus, flexible benefit fund, pension scheme, and access to a variety of Sodexo benefits and discounts
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.