Our UK Healthcare segment have a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join our talented and hardworking Finance team based at Royal Stoke University Hospital.
Sodexo Healthcare work by the side of healthcare organisations in both the public health (NHS Trusts) and private healthcare sector, using science, technology and global experience to enable human-centred care.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be part of a small and enthusiastic team who is responsible for providing finance & administration support to the onsite management function. This is an exciting developmental opportunity for someone wanting to follow a career in accountancy as part of a highly supportive team. You will already be good with excel spreadsheets with some relevant experience to date, and you will have great communication skills able to work accurately and under pressure. You will have good attention to detail.
This is a great opportunity for a finance focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
You don't just join Sodexo, you belong.
Join Sodexo and you become part of a worldwide, extended family. Team spirit is strong and encourages people to stay long-term. You can bring your whole self to work every day and we can’t wait for you to join the team!
- Assist with reconciling cash, and preparing banking documents, for on-site sales (investigating Variances)
- Weekly Labour KPI processing
- Weekly Reconciling Security Labour charges
- Weekly review invoices processed through E-ProphIT
- Produce monthly hospitality report
- Produce monthly agency labour accrual
- Raising Invoices via UDC Billing Portal
- Raising CAPEX Purchase Order via SAP and Goods Receipting Deliveries
- Assist the Finance Manager with Ad Hoc Requests
- Reconciling Statements
- Resolving invoices queries
- Play full part in month End Accruals/Pre-payments process.
- Weekly/Monthly Reporting
- Support hard FM Finance when necessary (raise PO’s)
- Reviewing Cost Centres at month end including stocktakes and Month End Adjustments
The Ideal Candidate
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Attention to detail
- Good IT skills including MS Office (especially Excel)
- AAT Qualified or equivalent
- Experience of working within a pressurised and deadline focused finance role (desirable)
£23,000pa - £24,765pa + great benefits package
Location: Royal Stoke University Hospital
Work Pattern – 40 hrs pw Monday to Friday with flexibility
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.