We are currently recruiting for a newly available Facilities Porter position.
This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join our team in a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To help manage the smooth running of waste collection on a large site.
- Collection of towable waste bins from around a large site using tractor.
- Use of machinery.
- Completion of TMS work orders.
- Collection of waste chemicals.
- Meeting room set ups.
- Escorting confidential waste supplier on a fortnightly basis.
- General site external cleaning.
- Assisting with winter clearance of site.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous portering experience would be beneficial but not essential as training will be given.
- Good team working and sharing skills.
- Ability to cope in a usually busy work environment and deal with potentially pressured situations in an effective, friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to work on own initiative when required.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
Security clearance will be required priory to start date
Experience in porterage, concierge and cleaning required
Monday - Friday 7am - 3pm in the main
Training and uniform provided
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.