We are currently looking for a Facilities Manager to join our Sodexo team onsite with a key client in our Corporate Services segment, in Melton Mowbray. You will be responsible for managing the various service line leads for this IFM contract which encompasses both Hard and Soft Services.
Ideally you will have a background in Engineering, able to ensure that the Technical Services are being delivered in a safe, compliant, diligent, and cost-effective manner. While managing sub-contractors and ensuring a high quality of consistent service for the other site service delivery teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Sodexo embarking on a new venture, offering plenty of growth, with the ability to vastly expand your skillset, and the encouragement and support to further your career progression. If you are a resilient, driven individual, happy to dive in and hit the ground running, with excellent interpersonal skills and a customer focused approach we would like to hear from you.
- Manage the on-site operation and day-to-day management of the maintenance team and operation of Technical Services on site
- Support other site managers delivering internal service lines
- Management of the subcontractors for various Hard & Soft Services disciplines
- Ensure the highest levels of Health and Safety are achieved across the site
- As required act as a Job Controller for activities in line with client processes and where required, support onsite mechanical and electrical maintenance
- Ensure that a robust contractor management programme is in place for contractors and visitors to book onto site with RAM’s collated
- Ensuring that delivery is of the highest quality with a significant emphasis on standards
- Respond to the activities that are allocated via our CAFM Global Maximo to PDA devices for you and your team
- Ensure that all FM schedules and resource plans are reviewed regularly to maintain currency and accuracy and manage any deviations from plan
- Directly liaise with Contractors, OEM’s, technical specialists, suppliers, and distributors to assist with problem solving activities
- Develop appropriate relationships with staff to encourage a strong team ethos, and build and maintain client relationships
- Completion of regular performance reviews and management of employee attendance, absences, annual leave and training requirements
- Complete H, S&E audits on active soft Services as required, and carry out investigations into misconduct including any resulting disciplinary actions
The Ideal Candidate
What we are looking for
- Strong mechanical or electrical engineering background
- Proven experience in a similar setting, managing employees within a service environment and maximising the performance of their team
- Proven operational management experience, fully conversant with Facilities Management processes and procedures
- Qualified to a minimum of IOSH, with a sound understanding of the Risk Assessment Process
- Detailed understanding of the applicable HSP folders covering the Site Facilities Activities
- Good interpersonal and team skills with the ability to communicate and interact at all levels
- Computer literate with experience of all company standard software
- Resilient, motivated, confident, and customer focused
- Able to quickly identify opportunities to optimise and or improve hard / soft FM service delivery
A flexible ‘can do’ attitude, striving to develop and improve themselves as well as the role they perfom
Where we can be flexible
- Educated to HND level is desirable
- IWFM or IET qualification would be beneficial
to £40,000pa + benefits
Based Melton, Leicestershire
Work Pattern - Monday to Friday 40hrs pw.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.