We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Hard/Soft Services Facilities Manager to oversee the delivery of Facilities Management services within our Schools business for our PFI/PPP contract in Portlaoise.
You will manage a team of caretakers, cleaners and subcontractors delivering multiple services at the school such as; planned and reactive maintenance, security and lifecycle, cleaning and housekeeping, caretaking, waste management and pest control, fire safety, fire and emergency procedures, landscaping and helpdesk management. The successful candidate will therefore have a strong understanding and knowledge of all of the services delivered within the contract.
This position will suit an experienced Facilities Manager, ideally from an technical engineering / asset management background who is a practical thinker with good attention to detail. We are looking for a good people manager who can lead a team (including subcontractors) to deliver an efficient and effective service.
This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your technical knowledge and develop within a growing PPP/PFI business, whilst also furthering your facilities management career.
- Oversee the day to day management of the facilities management services delivered on site
- Lead and develop a team to deliver operational excellence across all services delivered
- Management of the operational procedures and maintenance activities ensuring that all Statutory and Non Statutory planned activities are undertaken within agreed timescales
- Ensure that all helpdesk requests, corrective maintenance and reactive works are carried out within the priority timescales within the agreed KPI timeframe
- Manage and deliver Lifecycle Works in accordance with the Annual Lifecycle Plan
- Monitor and coordinate scheduled maintenance activities and the work of subcontractors in line with the PPM schedule ensuring this is completed on time
- Ensure site specific risk assessment and method statements and other documents are completed and updated
- Manage contractor reports and action plans and contractual performance for both internal and external audits
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with legislation, codes of practice, manufacturer’s recommendations and meets prescribed standards in the contract
- Ensure the highest levels of Health and Safety are achieved across the site
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable technical experience of multiple FM services, preferably from the education sector
- Experience of managing all hard services and an overview of soft services
- Technical background (mechanical and electrical) with good knowledge of building services
- Experience of leading a similar skilled team in a multi-disciplined environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with ability to work with very senior client figures
- Broad commercial experience and business acumen and knowledge of external industry developments
- Experienced in implementing company initiatives and change management
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process