Enhanced Cleaner AP
We currently have a vacancy for a Enhanced cleaner to our Approved Premises team. Working alongside the National Probation Service, our AP teams work in secure homes for Ex-offenders who are on release from the prison service and making the transition back into the community.
The position offers a real sense of value and meaning, as you work alongside NPS colleagues who’s aim it is to support rehabilitation and help reduce reoffending amongst the AP residents, and holds fantastic opportunities for career progression, overtime, and advancement.
The hours of work are Saturdays and Sundays 12pm-4pm and Monday and Tuesdays 7am-11am however we can be flexible for the right candidate so please enquire. The rate of pay is £8.91 per hour, paid monthly.
All training, uniform and personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided to you from day one on the job.
- In this role, you will work to a schedule to provide a range of disinfection and cleaning services to highly used touch points, that include offices and meeting rooms, toilets, showers, and bathrooms, and kitchens and communal areas, completing all records as directed accurately and in timely manner.
- You will replenish stock within your area of responsibility, as well as ensuring Ensure all stocks are replenished in your area of responsibility and make sure all consumables (such as are topped up such as soap, toilet tissues and hand gels) are regularly topped up.
- You will be ensuring meeting rooms, office spaces, kitchens, and toilets, are sanitised thoroughly, thereby keeping residents and colleagues safe, as you help to reduce the risk of infections spreading.
- Sanitise meeting rooms, office spaces, kitchens and toilets between use
- You will be responsible for conducting all your activities in a safe manner, by always wearing all required PPE, following all relevant Sodexo and NPS processes and procedures, and continually asking yourself three key safety questions: is my environment safe? Is the equipment safe and appropriate for the task? Do I know how to do the task safely? Reporting any safety concerns or faulty equipment to your line manager immediately.
The Ideal Candidate
- Will be great at working independently and as part of a teamFlexible attitude to work individually and working as part of a team
- Will be Rreliable and have with eexcellent time keeping
- Will be customer focussed and will deal with all residents and personnel in a polite and courteous mannerAble to represent Sodexo both internally and with clients in a polite and courteous manner
- Will have experience with COSHH (although, this is not essential as full training will be provided)
- Will hold themselves to high standards of cleaning whilst working independentlyAvailability to pick up additional hours if required to cover sickness or holidays
- Due to the nature of the environment we operate in, candidates must be 21 years of age or older
Looking to join a world leading facilities management company? Are you a cleaner with an eye for detail and a passion for standards? We want to hear from you! Start your career with Sodexo and join the thousands of employees already working alongside us. We offer quality of life services across a vast number of careers offering unrivalled opportunity for growth and progression.
‘We don’t have Employees – We have Team Members’
You don’t just join Sodexo – You belong. What do we mean when we say belong? It’s simple. You create a company where everyone is respected and feels that their ideas count. You take care of the quality of life of your people. You make your workplace inclusive, encouraging people to bring their whole self to work every day. That’s our philosophy in a nutshell.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business. We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process. Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.