Employee Relations Advisor
We have an excellent opportunity for someone to join our Employee Relations team to provide a remote, responsive and compliant Employee Relations advisory service, in line with company specific policies and legislation. Supporting Managers with full case management and administrative support on ER issues including absence management, probation, AWOL, flexible working, investigations, minor misconduct disciplinaries and TUPE. This is a varied role which would suit an organised, customer focused HR professional.
Sodexo UK and Ireland employs some 34,000 people who provide quality of life services at some 1,850 locations for clients in the public and private sector in the corporate; education; healthcare; defence; leisure and justice sectors. The company is a trusted facilities management partner for many high profile clients including the Ministry of Defence; Ministry of Justice; University College London; Eton College; Ascot Racecourse; Scottish Parliament; GSK; AstraZeneca to name just a few.
The role offers the opportunity to work across a diverse business, with managers working on a variety of sites across defence, corporate, hospitality, justice and healthcare. Working as part of a team, you will be able to share ideas and best practise with experienced colleagues.
- Support line managers remotely with general advice, ensuring all advice complies with legislation and is in line with Company/ Segment specific policies and processes
- Provide guidance to line managers on how to manage potential ER issues at the informal stage prior to any formal action and necessary follow on actions
- Provide practical advice and guidance to line managers on how to manage formal ER issues in line with the Company policy. This will mainly be advising up to first and final written warning on low risk ER cases, with any dismissals being approved by ER Specialist/ ER Services Manager before providing advice to Managers
- Ensure line managers are clear on how to conduct meetings, including advice on meeting preparation and how meetings should be chaired and concluded
- Undertake ER administrative activities required to support the Senior ER Advisors,, ensuring invite and outcome letters are accurate, and are checked by the Senior ER Advisor
- Proactively monitor cases, through collaborative working with ER Services Team members to ensure cases are prioritised and support is provided to Managers as soon as possible, with breaches communicated to ER Specialists or HRBPs
- Provide Sodexo Legal with case file coordination relevant to Employment Tribunals, within agreed time-frames.
- Ensure all hard and soft copy personnel records are maintained and secure, complying with obligations under the Data Protection Act and segment specific requirements
- Provide a helpful, highly responsive, efficient and effective administrative support service in relation to all TUPE .
- Produce due diligence data as required and within agreed timescales
- Attend TUPE meetings for complex TUPE cases as and when required
The Ideal Candidate
- Able to provide remote ER support for a multi-site operation
- Experience of providing HR advice in line with relevant policies and legislation
- Experience of working on TUPE processes
- Well organised with the ability to plan, prioritise and manage high volume of case work and queries to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Good working knowledge of current employment legislation and its application in the workplace
- CIPD qualified or working towards
Up to £21,000
4 month contract