A great opening has become available for an Electrician to join our team on our high-profile client site in Washington. You should be a qualified and time-served Electrical Technician with a great interpersonal skill and have good IT skills. Preferably you would be skilled in HV/LV and have BS2391 Inspection & Testing qualification.
We offer a great working environment, a salary up to £32,000, Sodexo employee benefits as well as excellent professional development and progression opportunities within Sodexo.
Please note – this role demands a security clearance by the client and you will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
- Exceptionally skilled in the hands on maintenance, diagnosis and repair of designated plant and equipment within the limits of their skill and knowledge and be capable of anticipating potential faults or problems which may occur within the full range of building services, to avoid any disruption to the building environment including:-
- electrical fault identification, maintain, inspect and test lamps and lighting fittings (includes emergency lights), lamp replacement, safe installation and inspection of electrical equipment.
- Heating systems and controls.
- Maintain stocks of critical spares and other stock pertaining to responsibilities.
- Water hygiene (treatment), sampling and testing, temperature recording and associated tasks to comply with L8 ACoP.
- Planned and reactive maintenance activities, which includes fire alarm systems testing and portable firefighting equipment upkeep. Air conditioning maintenance, general boiler and plant room maintenance.
- Office duties (as required): Post room duties, portage duties, basic support for AV equipment, minor furniture moves.
- Exceptionally skilled in the hands-on maintenance and repair of designated Electrical and mechanical systems within the limits of their skill and knowledge, and be capable of anticipating potential faults or problems which may occur to avoid any disruption to the building environment
- The working requirements are predominately days but will involve being available when required for out of normal working hours attendance on a rotating basis according to service/client needs as directed.
- Assemble, install, calibrate and commission a wide range of advanced plant and equipment.
- Use of IT systems to provide/monitor data within the Quality Assurance and other management reporting systems
The Ideal Candidate
- A recognised apprenticeship in electrical discipline
- C&G, ONC, OND or NVQ qualified in a relevant subject
- 18th edition electrical safety.
- Skilled in LV/HV
- Good verbal, numerate, interpersonal and computer skills
- Personally motivated with initiative, flexibility, and innovation to continually develop skills.
- A good knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation and COSHH.
- BS 2391 inspection and testing (desirable)
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process