We currently have an opportunity for a Domestic Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Carry out routine cleaning tasks at the scheduled time, in a specified area and in accordance with all relevant policies and procedures
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout the area of responsibility
- Empty and dispose of domestic and clinical waste in accordance with the Trust’s infection prevention and control & waste disposal policies
- Replenish consumables (i.e. paper towels, toilet rolls, soap, etc)
- Store and use cleaning equipment and materials safely and efficiently and in compliance with COSHH
- Use only approved cleaning equipment and materials in accordance with training and instructions provided
- Undertake all cleaning duties in a safe manner, using PPE and hazard signs as appropriate
- Liaise with clinical staff in order to deliver a patient focused service
- Be vigilant and report care and estate issues to your supervisor
- Under supervision, respond to any ad-hoc cleaning requests on-site complying with infection prevention and control and/or management instruction
- Comply with Trust and Sodexo policy and deliver patient promises
Specific domestic cleaning duties may include, but may not be limited to all of the following:
- Collection and movement of refuse
- Cleaning of sanitary areas, floors, all surfaces, furniture and fittings
- Replenishment of cleaning supplies and other consumables (hand towels, toilet rolls and soap)
- Assist with stripping and sealing floors
- Changing curtains
- Bed cleaning
- Maintenance and stock control of cleaning equipment and materials
- Use of electrical cleaning machines
- Use of correct cleaning products and equipment for the specific tasks
- At the discretion of the line manager, carry out cleaning duties in any other area of the hospital, as and when required
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience - working with a cleaning team, dealing with waste, smells and bodily excretions and dirt.
- Show empathy, care and compassion (C)
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, colleagues, clients (C)
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and professionally – dealing with stressful and changeable situations (A)
- Ability to adhere to instructions, standards and procedures (A)
- Ability to build relationships and show respect for other people (R)
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm (E)
- Ability to work as part of a team (S)
- Excellent customer service skills (S)
- NVQ Healthcare support services, BICSc CPSS
- Previous experience working in a healthcare environment
- Previous experience working in a customer facing role
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.