Design Authority Director
We are currently recruiting a new role within the IS&T team, a Design Authority Director. Reporting directly into the CIO for UK and Ireland you will be an active member of the IS&T leadership management team and have responsibility for 4/5 direct reports (2 x Security and Compliance Managers, 2 x Solution Architects and Tech Architecture Services not yet recruited) You will be the design authority for all New ICT initiatives – ratify solution designs and the solution architecture for FOOD and FM Platforms in particular as well as all Technical Platforms.
You will be responsible for the administration, maintenance and management of all Group and Regional IT architecture models and frameworks. Ensuring that the overall ICT architecture is maintained in a coherent manner and that the appropriate considerations are made for its security and quality. You will lead the process to achieve accreditation for any security, ISO or other IS&T standard required to support business development or contract bids.
This role offers a very competitive salary, bonus and an excellent benefits package
- Recommends and participates in activities related to the design, development and maintenance of the Enterprise Architecture (EA)
- Researches in collaboration with Group EA overall ICT solutions on the market for particular technical and functional requirements and business needs
- Conducts and/or actively participates in Global and Regional governance forums (internal and external) relating to Enterprise Architecture, Security and Compliance
- Advises and recommends EA strategies, processes and methodologies
- Participates in the design and implementation of IT service management standards, tools and methodologies
- Lead the framework for the implementation of the IT security strategy
- Conduct continuous assessment of the ICT security practices and systems and identify areas for improvement
- Conduct security audits and risk assessments on the ICT estate in the Region
- Deliver new security technology approaches and implement next generation solutions
- Oversee the management of the IT security team, giving leadership to the team and developing staff
- Ensure Group and Regional Security policies are adhered to
- Ensure all new ICT projects and systems improve or adhere to existing security policies or recommended industry practise
- In conjunction with other IS&T teams develop and implement business continuity plans to ensure service is continuous when a change programme is introduced or a security breach occurs or in the event that the disaster recovery plan needs to be triggered
- In conjunction with other IS&T teams’ device strategies and implementing IT solutions to minimise the risk of cyber-attacks
- Managing the IT security budget and communicating this with the appropriate parties
The Ideal Candidate
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.