Deputy General Manager
We have an excellent opportunity for a Deputy General Manager to join our team based at Bedford school. Our client is a large, elite Independent school with an excellent reputation. As the Deputy General Manager, you will provide effective delivery of catering services to the client organisation, in line with service level agreement and agreed performance indicators. You will also measure existing service provision and proactively seek ways of continuous improvement.
To be successful in this role you will need to be ambitious and flexible to adapt to a variety of scenario’s and situations whilst developing and managing a strong client relationship.
This role is subject to Safer Recruitment checks and the successful applicant will be required to complete a DBS.
Rise with Sodexo
- Ensure that Sodexo accountancy, documentation and administration procedures are delivered to the required contractual specifications
- Maintain the standards and integrity of the service offer and Service Level Agreement at all times.
- Implement, maintain and communicate to employees the client, and Sodexo standards and statutory regulations relating to safe systems of work, health and safety, COSHH and Company Quality Management system in order to ensure compliance
- Ensure all team catering duties are undertaken in a safe manner and that personal protective equipment (PPE) and hazard signs are used appropriately
- Actively oversee labour to ensure efficiencies and provide recommendations if required
- Develop strong working relationships with on-site client/stakeholders
- Provide support on recruiting, induction, motivating, managing, training and developing all employees
The Ideal Candidate
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- IOSH/NEBOSH/CIEH qualification
Up to £38,000 depending on experience
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.