Do you have extensive operational prison management experience at Senior Management level? Are you passionate about having a positive impact on the lives of residents and the people you work with? Do you enjoy working within a challenging, operational environment? Are you a team player, an inspirational leader and can you motivate all levels of staff to succeed in difficult circumstances?
Working alongside the Director, you will be responsible for the effective day to day operation of the prison, as well as helping shape the strategic direction of the prison and broader Sodexo Justice and Sodexo. You will have a wide range of functional responsibilities.
**PLEASE NOTE** As part of your application please send a cover to letter to email@example.com as well as applying via this online site.
- Support the Director in developing and delivering strategic priorities in accordance with Company values and wider HMPPS directions.
- Ensure that resident care is of the highest possible standard.
- Supervise and direct performance within the prison in accordance with the Contract and wider requirements of HMPPS.
- Lead on the operational management of the prison, maintaining operational stability by anticipating risks, devising and implementing appropriate proactive strategies.
- Act as a role model to staff and residents, leading developing and motivating the team.
- Take command of complex operational incidents and participate in incident management as required.
- Represent the prison and Sodexo in the wider community, developing meaningful stakeholder networks.
The Ideal Candidate
- Credibility and authenticity
- Extensive prison operational management experience at Senior Management level (Functional Head or above), including Incident management training/ experience.
- A clear fit with the values of Sodexo
- Delivery focussed, with a clear understanding of the requirements of working in a contractual environment.
- A clear and demonstrable understanding of what makes a good leader, the skills required and the ability to motivate and engage others
- Ability to manage and develop key stakeholder relationships
- A clear and demonstrable understanding of key people management tools and resources
- Experience of being the public face of a large organisation, being able to speak to multiple audiences and delivering presentations in a politically sensitive environment.
- Proven ability to manage change in a structured way
- Knowledge of commercial financial management processes and procedures.
- Skills and previous experience of business continuity planning
£68,900 – £84,100 + 20% BONUS + £1,300 flexible benefits
25 days holiday, flexible benefit fund (healthcare etc), bonus, pension scheme, relocation package if applicable and access to a variety of Sodexo benefits and discounts
First stage interviews will take place on 27th November in Peterborough.
About the Company
Sodexo UK & Ireland employs around 36,000 people and delivers On-site Service Solutions to clients at over 2,300 locations including offices, hospitals, schools, defence sites, prisons, sporting events and visitor attractions. Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. All roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with Disclosure Barring Service (DBS).
Improving the Quality of Life of our staff, our prisoners and our local communities is a key driver for the company generally and for Sodexo Justice in particular.
Sodexo Justice (Custody) includes the HM Prisons Addiewell, Northumberland, Forest Bank, Peterborough and Bronzefield. Melaleuca Prison in Western Australia is the newest member of the group. Six Community Rehabilitation Companies provide the Community element of Sodexo Justice.