Deputy Business Development Director
Sodexo Justice Services are currently recruiting a deputy business development director who will be responsible for the delivery of a personal sales target to deliver profitable new business, applied within the framework of, ‘Right Client Right Terms. Acting as a representative of the Sodexo Business Development team you will be flexible in your approach and demonstrate effective communication skills with both existing and prospective clients. You will be responsible for bringing in and closing sales through fostering long-term relationships, negotiating client contracts and increasing the new business pipeline whilst providing direction and expertise to the operating area by promoting Sodexo strategies and service offers to prospective clients. Your role will be encouraging innovation to develop and grow the business beyond core activities and secure Sodexo’s position as a preferred supplier whilst also fostering long term relationships with the wider organisation to ensure Business Development proposals comply with Sodexo standards and requirements.
- Delivering personal sales targets and achieve the defined Annual Sales targets
- Developing relationships with prospects to ensure an excellent pipeline is maintained
- Manage and update the prioritisation of prospects, including nominating targets
- Creating compelling tender documents which effectively answer client needs and deliver a clear winning strategy for Sodexo in compliance with agreed standards and practices.
- Project manage key accounts for organic growth and new business
- Supporting retention through active involvement in re-bid activity
- Nurture client relationships in order to stabilise & develop them for the long term.
- Develop organisational relationships based on a ‘partnership’ and compliance approach
- Identify business targets, manage pre-qualification processes with the prospective clients by identifying the expectations of the prospect and designing commercial proposals specific to the prospect.
- Identify the expectations of the prospective clients and design commercial proposals specific to each client and in compliance with agreed standards and practices.
The Ideal Candidate
- Market awareness of chosen segment
- Positive industry recognition in chosen segment
- Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions
- Must have experience of working in a business focused environment
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads
- An excellent communicator with the ability to influence at a senior level
- Excellent presentation skills
- Commercially aware with solid business development and financial management skills
- Confident, ambitious and energetic with a persuasive manner and the ability to use your initiative
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in business development, CRM systems and processes
- Proven capacity to effectively manage and mentor staff with various levels of skills and experience in a matrix style organisation
- Strong organisational skills and ability to bring together complex teams, precise scheduling and multiple and shifting priorities.
£58,000 – £71,300 Grade G1
25 days holiday, flexible benefit fund (healthcare etc), bonus, car allowance, pension scheme, relocation package if applicable and access to a variety of Sodexo benefits and discounts
Closing date for applications is 20th November 2019
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.