We currently have an opportunity for a Day Cleaner to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Undertake all required training in relation to all aspects of the cleaning service delivered to the client, as requested
- Complete a schedule of cleaning tasks, as directed by the Site Lead Receptionist
- Wear any items of personal protective equipment, as specified by the cleaning supervisor / manager
- Comply to all client policies / procedures in relation to housekeeping / infection control / security
- Ensure that all requirements in relation to COSHH are adhered to, as specified by the cleaning supervisor / manager
- The method of conducting all cleaning tasks is as directed via the Great / cleaning offer task cards / pictorial task cards
- Ensure that the site/cleaning offer colour coding policy is adhered to at all times
- Ensure that all requirements of the specified cleaning offer, are carried out, as directed by the cleaning supervisor/ manager
- Ensure the vending area is clean tidy and fully stocked throughout the day
- To report all faults in relation to cleaning machinery/equipment to the cleaning supervisor
- To carry out any reasonable request, as specified by the cleaning supervisor / manager
- Comply with all Company and Client policies and procedures,
- Complete all records as directed accurately and in timely manner
- Report any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food or other irregularities to line manager, taking appropriate action where possible
- Actively support and promote the “One Team” ethos of working and supporting between departments
- Cross train in other departments to gain skills to be able to provide cover if required
- Any other reasonable request by management
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of working in multi-tasking environment
- Able to communicate on all levels, excellent customer care skills
- Knowledge of H&S
- Cleaning experience
- Previous experience of working in a similar service environment via a multi-skilled workforce to blue chip organisations or within prestige environments with a strong focus on customer service
- Relevant training, qualifications and experience to deliver services in line with legislative and statutory requirements (where relevant) and industry best practice
Maternity leave cover until January 2021
Monday to Friday 17.5 hours per week
Full training will be provided.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.