Customer Services Assistant
- To deliver a high-quality customer journey to all stakeholders such as University clients, students, Sub-contractors and visitors through the provision of excellent customer service.
- To support our client in delivering sector leading accommodation services, and to support in growing and developing the reputation of Northumbria University locally and globally
- To support the wider Sodexo team as required in line with our corporate values of Service Spirit, Team Spirit and Spirit of Progress
- To deliver our award-winning Residency Living Program ensuring students are supported throughout their stay in Sodexo managed accommodation
- Contribute to the development of a collaborative and inclusive culture, by sharing information and good practice with others
- Work collaboratively and maintain effective relationships with others, internally and externally to Sodexo, as appropriate to own area of responsibility
- Services are delivered in a courteous, friendly, customer focused and professional manner, maximising the student journey experience of existing and prospective residents
- To provide a welcoming reception and administration service to staff, students, guests, contractors and visitors, including but not limited to;
- Handling enquiries via telephone, email, social media, and computer aided facilities management platforms and face to face.
- Issue and control of resident, contractor and staff keys
- Provision of a post room service, including the delivery of post and/or parcel notifications to residents using supplied technology
- Input maintenance requests into an electronic CAFM system following relevant guidelines, training and policies following up with a customer satisfaction survey
- To provide an accommodation based administrative service to include, but not limited to;
- To apply charges to Student accounts
- Allocation of rooms to commercial guests and students in accordance with client guidelines, procedures and quotas
- Support in the delivery of customer viewings on an as required basis as well as during open days to support our client and maximise occupancy across the accommodation estate
- Liaise with Northumbria University Accommodation Office with regards to student applications, arrivals, course withdrawals and other matters as required.
- To assist in all commercial business activity
- Promote returner campaigns on behalf of the University to drive retention rates
- Ensure accurate information is available at all times to other staff throughout the accommodation estate.
- To support the completion of flat and room inspections, end of tenancy departure checks, pre arrival room and flat checks using our Inventory Hive software
- To provide emergency response for buildings during office hours, and whilst extremely rare, this may require out of hours support in extreme emergencies
- To support the cleaning operations on site as directed by the cleaning supervisor
- To take pride and ownership in the presentation of their sites. Respond positively to feedback by proactively reviewing processes, procedures, and practices to ensure that the needs and expectations of relevant stakeholders are met
- Support the Senior Management Team to deliver efficient services across the accommodation
- Adhere to all relevant Health and Safety Policies, challenge any unsafe behaviour and report any dangers, near misses or hazards you encounter to the Accommodation Manager
- Take ownership and accountability for your own personal development and performance
- Continually develop, innovate, and challenge the status quo to regularly renew our services in line with our student demographics expectations.
- Create and deliver an events program in line with the Residency Living objectives that will support residents and engage with students to promote a quality of life experience. Including but not limited to communication via multiple platforms, creation of newsletters and wellbeing initiatives
- Drive engagement in collecting data from surveys, focus groups and student conversations to promote continual improvement
- Be a passionate advocate of our Corporate Social Responsibility Agenda and promote social value through the day to day operations
- Support in quantifying the impact and work delivered daily to ensure all data and information is available and correct
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate must possess the following skills;
- Ability to prioritise own workload with minimal supervision and use of own initiative
- Ability to work quickly and calmly, especially under pressure and in emergency situations
- Experience of Data Protection, and handling sensitive issues in an appropriate manner
- Be a team worker with a flexible approach, to include the ability to request and offer support to other team members as required, including liaison with line manager
- Have excellent IT skills
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written, including accurate spelling and grammar and the ability to give explanations clearly
- Be self-motivated
- Have an excellent understanding of delivering a positive customer experience which may include managing complaints and dealing with sensitive situations
- Experience of working with, and the ability to empathise with people from a diverse range of backgrounds, cultures and religions
- Have experience in computerised accounting
- Take responsibility for their own learning and development
- Have excellent note taking skills
- Experience of using databases, spread sheets, social media and other computer based applications including Microsoft Office
- Flexible attitude to working on a rota basis across a 7 day operation, in addition a willingness to work overtime as and when business needs direct
- Essential Qualifications
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE Grade C (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Training in IT packages and keyboard skills
- Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Evidence of delivering innovation and engaging positively with continuous change and improvement
- Experience of working with specialist systems such as;
- RMS and Mercury Accommodation Management Systems
- IBM Global Maximo CAFM system
40 hours per week working 5 over 7 days on a rota basis
£10.10 per hour
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process