Covid-19 - Site Manager - Local Test Site
To increase testing for COVID-19, the Government has significantly increased the number of centres where members of the public can be tested.
We are seeking to recruit Site Managers to lead the overall management of the Local Testing Sites (LTS) and coordination of operations for self-administered testing for service users on site. You will operate the site strictly in line with all health directives and policy and procedures issued by Government and provide feedback to central teams and the base of operations.
Sodexo reserves the right to alter the site location and close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
- Directly responsible for the overall management of the testing operation
- Manage all activities and outputs of the Local Testing site, ensuring the safety of all staff and service users
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of all reports and returns as required
- Ensure the supply of test kits and PPE, managing ongoing inventory
- Read and interpret directives and documentation issued
- Carry out instructions provided in a written, oral or diagram form
- Problem-solve and create solutions to complex problems
- Record keeping and ensuring safety regulations and procedures are adhered to
- Manage personnel resources and train and motivate the team to deliver service excellence
- Undertake training on hand washing and ensure personal hygiene is maintained to a high level and correct PPE is always worn
- Understanding of Regulatory Requirements
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience as a manager
- Experience of following strict guidelines and procedures
- Experience working with members of the public/patients
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a supportive nature
- Flexibility to change tasks as and when required
- Must be able to physically stand for several hours with good mobility
- Willingness to work in an outdoor environment
You must not be classified, or live with anyone classified, as belonging to any of the COVID-19 high risk groups (more detail can be found on the government website):
- Must not have a long-term condition
- Must not be pregnant
- Must not have immune deficiencies through medical conditions or therapy
- Must not be aged over 70
Training and full personal protective equipment will be provided.
- Understanding of PPE practices is desirable, however training is provided
- Cleaning and sterilisation experience
- Experience of transporting medical waste (the collection of PPE and biohazard waste)
- Experience working in a medical, clinical or health environment
- Hourly rate of £15.00
- This position is offered on a casual basis
- Successful candidates will need to be available for an immediate start
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.