Covid-19 - Multiskilled Operative - Local Test Site
To increase testing for COVID-19, the Government has significantly increased the number of centres where members of the public can be tested. We are seeking to recruit Multiskilled Operatives at Local Testing Sites (LTS) to support the delivery of self-administered testing for service users that visit the LTS.
You will complete a wide range of general daily tasks such as que management, handing out and collecting self testing kits, providing guidance for self-testing and ensuring that the site is set up efficiently for all service users for the day. You will also be responsible for the disposal of medical and biohazard waste, including PPE.
You will need to have the flexibility to change tasks as and when required and rotate into the different roles, ensuring to always provide general support and deliver service excellence for our service users.
Sodexo reserves the right to alter the site location and close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
- Support the delivery of services at the Local Testing Site, communicating and providing an efficient, effective service for each service user visiting the Test Unit
- Communicate with individuals that visit the site to be tested, ensuring they understand and are comfortable with the process
- Support and reassure the individuals throughout the testing process.
- Support with testing administration (recording Test Operative administrating test, test time etc.)
- Commitment to the work and to following the strict guideline and procedures required
- Undertake training on hand washing and ensure personal hygiene is maintained to a high level
- Undertake training on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements and ensure PPE is worn and changed as required
- Ensure to adhere to site guidelines and procedures at all times, always wearing the correct PPE as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience working with members of the public/patients
- Good interpersonal skills and caring nature
- Flexibility to change tasks as and when required
- Must be able to physically stand for several hours with good mobility
- You must be over 18 and in general good health with no symptoms of COVID-19, nor must anyone in your household.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a supportive nature
- Willingness to work outside
- Commitment to the work and adhere to the strict guidelines and procedures required
- Native or bilingual proficiency level English
You must not be classified, or live with anyone classified, as belonging to any of the COVID-19 high risk groups (more detail can be found on the government website):
- Must not have a long-term condition
- Must not be pregnant
- Must not have immune deficiencies through medical conditions or therapy
- Must not be aged over 70
Training and full personal protective equipment will be provided.
- Hourly rate of £9.50
- This position is offered on a casual basis
- Successful candidates will need to be available for an immediate start
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.