Covid-19 - Cleaner - Local Test Site
To increase testing for COVID-19, the Government has significantly increased the number of centres where members of the public can be tested. We are seeking to recruit Cleaners at Local Testing Sites (LTS) to support the delivery of self-administered testing for service users that visit the LTS.
It is essential that you have previous experience as a cleaner, with good knowledge of chemicals and supplies and experience of deep cleaning.
Sodexo reserves the right to alter the site location and close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
- Clean designated facility areas (sweeping, mopping, restroom cleaning)
- Routine cleaning, including cleaning each booth after a service user has completed their test
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Deep cleaning each day
- Deep clean of toilets after each use
- Undertake clinical deep cleaning
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience as a cleaner
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Experience of deep cleaning and be comfortable undertaking clinical deep cleaning
- You must be over 18 and in general good health with no symptoms of COVID-19, nor must anyone in your household.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a supportive nature
- Willingness to work outside
- Commitment to the work and adhere to the strict guidelines and procedures required
- Native or bilingual proficiency level English
You must not be classified, or live with anyone classified, as belonging to any of the COVID-19 high risk groups (more detail can be found on the government website):
- Must not have a long-term condition
- Must not be pregnant
- Must not have immune deficiencies through medical conditions or therapy
- Must not be aged over 70
Training and full personal protective equipment will be provided.
- Hourly rate of £9.50
- This position is offered on a casual basis
- Successful candidates will need to be available for an immediate start
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.