Control Room Operator
- Planning and implementation of forward scheduling / reaction to short notice cover requirements
- Ensure initial scheduling of new employees completed within an acceptable timeframe
- Monitor & supervise the delivery of customer support requests ensuring deadlines are met
- Assist in maintaining a safe working environment for all employees
- Assist in the monitoring of alarm and CCTV system providing appropriate response to un-planned events
- Remain alert at all times in the maintenance of the Control Room integrity and in the protection of its assets
- Complete all reasonable management requests
The Ideal Candidate
- Valid SIA licence
- Clear & concise written work including report writing
- Good Analytical skills
- Methodical and thorough approach to work maintaining attention to detail
- Able to prioritise workloads & manage time efficiently and effectively
- Data management & input
- Organised & able to take the initiative
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and customers
- Competent with different types of operational systems
- Any candidate must understand and thrive on working in a customer focused environment
- High personal standards
- Able to proactively plan training activity / events and mitigate potential barriers to success
- Strong interactive communication skills
- Knowledge of TimeGate would be advantageous but full training will be given
- To support the security operations of the group by providing expertise and focus to control/support, completion of requests for additional cover, information requirements and business processes while continually improving efficiency.
- Be professional, pleasant, friendly, courteous and helpful at all times whilst carrying out duties to the highest levels.
- To ensure exemplary standards in personal grooming, strictly adhering to the uniform requirements.
- Provide assistance to third party contractors / visitors ensuring all site procedures / policies are adhered too.
- To liaise closely with statutory authorities, dealing with incidents and the provision of information.
- Maintain continuous monitoring and patrolling of sites through electronic security
- Diligent management and maintenance of site records / reference materials including Health & Safety records, Incident Forms and the site occurrence book
- To provide regular liaison and timely feedback to the management team on all aspects of service delivery, implementing effective solutions and corrective action to enhance the service.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure a timely response to all security issues and events.
- To develop excellent working relationships with our on site customers
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.