Assist the management team to ensure the administration of the contract runs smoothly, produce high quality accurate work and meet deadlines, providing an efficient and effective administrative support service to the business at all times.
- Providing an effective administration service to the management team across all University of Greenwich Campuses in London and Kent.
- Operating within a fast and constantly changing environment with multiple deadlines.
- To complete all relevant correspondence in an accurate, timely and professional manner
- Assist contract management team with setting up and arranging meetings.
- Attend contract meetings as required, take notes and distribute actions.
- Supporting with administration in relation to Task Orders.
- Assist with purchase orders as and when required.
- Attend meetings such as disciplinaries and grievances and taking notes as required.
- Support managers in payroll submissions using KRONOS.
- Supporting managers with UDC inputting as requested.
- To run reports using SAP, UDC, KRONOS as required.
- First point of contact for payroll, reward hub queries.
- To coordinate and complete the monthly client report and other ad hoc reports as required.
- Support managers with recruitment, undertaking recruitment administration to include internal and external recruitment as required by management, including assisting with interview arrangements liaising with the central recruitment team as required.
- Ensure staff have relevant Right to Work documentation, complete checks on the RTW app and monitor and chase employees for updates as required.
- Produce offers of employment, contracts and starter packs for front line team members.
- Calculate holiday entitlements using the holiday calculators for new starters and respond to queries regarding holiday entitlements. Support managers with effectively managing annual leave.
- Deal with all reference requests and responses for employees.
- Collate absence information including return to work documentation and attend, and support managers in attendance management meetings.
- To support with arranging and delivering training as required.
- Ensure training records are maintained for each service stream.
- Process leaver administration including acknowledging resignation and exit interview process.
- Be aware of, and responsive to, the changing nature of the company, adopt a flexible and pro-active approach to work and contribute to a range of cross-function initiatives to facilitate the delivery of key business objectives.
- Assist contract management team with ad hoc administration tasks.
- Attend other meetings and training courses as required.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by contract management team.
The Ideal Candidate
Recent, relevant and successful experience in administration that demonstrates the following:
- IT Literate (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) with keyboard skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Calm and professional manner
- Able to prioritise own workload and work to strict deadlines
- Ability to handle a busy workload
- Ability to balance being proactive and reactive, developing managers’ individual administrative effectiveness through motivation, and communication
- Able to work on own initiative and make appropriate judgements when prioritising
- Attention to detail with high level of accuracy
- Possess a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work as a team player
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Flexible approach
- An accurate and timely administration support service is provided to contract management team.
- Compliant records are held and available relating to training and other people processes
- Recruitment records adhere to statutory and company requirements to avoid business risk
- Managers receive a knowledgeable and reliable administration support service to assist them in managing their services effectively
- Employees receive an efficient and friendly service relating to employee queries to ensure that engagement is not adversely affected by poor process
- Must hold a driving license.
- Growth, Client & Customer Satisfaction / Quality of Services provided
- Leadership & People Management
- Rigorous management of results
- Innovation and Change
- Brand Notoriety
- Business Consulting
- Commercial Awareness
- HR Service Delivery
- Employee Engagement
- Learning & Development
This is a full time permanent position working for Sodexo and based at the Avery Hill Campus of the University of Greenwich, there is also a requirement to regularly work at the Greenwich and Medway Campus and therefore flexibility is required.
Whilst the post holder will usually be working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday there may be a requirement to work some weekends.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process