HMP Addiewell are now recruiting for a Compliance Auditor. Reporting to the Business Intelligence Unit (BIU) Manager, the primary responsibility of this role to ensure site operational compliance by completing audits on all departments throughout the prison. The BIU unit plays a vital part in the compliance of the site, not only in regard to audits, but also from a data gathering, interpretation and presentation perspective.
Addiewell opened in 2008 and has become an integral part of the Scottish Prison Service estate earning much praise for our innovation, use of technology, strong partnership working as well as our “can do” culture.
We have an effective prisoner peer support model, in which prisoners assist staff in the delivery of classes, programmes and activities becoming positive role models for others.HM Prison Addiewell is a high security prison, with a focus on enabling those in its care to change their life pathway. We have a strong and concerted focus on supporting prisoners to address their offending behaviour through delivery of programmes and working with a range of professionals including prison custody officers. We deliver relevant skills via training and employment and work with all areas of the wider community to ensure that prisoners have the best possible chance of leading positive lives following release.
- Develop a fluent understanding of all contractually required Operational Procedures as a basis for both undertaking audits and providing advice, guidance and support to stakeholders
- Complete in a timeous manner audits relating to all areas of the prison and objectively compile, interpret and feed-back on results.
- Participate and support as required in the formation, control and delivery of audit action plans
- Contribute towards the design of internal audit schedules and if required, to any external or independent audits.
- Effectively analyse the impact of Authority instructions and be able to advise on any required changes.
- Contribute towards the management system of the prison policies and instructions.
- Collate and manage data from across the site and assess its impact in relation to the contract benchmarks.
Please see attached job description for further information regarding the role requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- High proficiency with IT packages, specifically MS Office.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Educated to National 5 level or equivalent.
- Previous experience in performing audits.
- Hold a related qualification.
- Working knowledge of FOI, GDPR and Data Protection.
£20,639 per annum rising to £21,683 per annum after one years service
Working hours are Monday to Friday 0800-1600 (will require flexibility depending on operational requirements)
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.
Post holders will be subjected to an advanced DBS check, a prison security check (level 2) prior to being employed.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.