As a Cleaning Supervisor at Sodexo in HMS Nelson, Portsmouth, you'll supervise cleaning services to create a safe and healthy environment. You'll interact with your team and our clients daily, and you'll be improving the quality of life in everyone you meet! Join Sodexo and be part of something greater. You belong in a team where you can act with purpose and thrive in your own way.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure completion of requested/contracted tasks and motivate your team to effectively ensure these are completed in a timely and thorough manner.
- Oversee all areas of accommodation and ensure all rooms are kept clean and hygienic.
- Oversee the ordering of stock and consumables such as toilet tissue, cleaning products and appliances
- Be a champion of health and safety practices - spot a near miss? Report it to keep your colleagues safe!
- Ensure regular safety walks are completed, to pick up any hazards.
- Frequent feedback sessions with your team, to ensure they are confident and happy in their roles.
What you bring:
- Previous experience in a similar role, with knowledge of cleaning solutions and their uses is desirable, as well as some team leading experience.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Can work at a fast pace and adapt to change when needed
- Be a team player and take instruction
What we offer:
Working with Sodexo is more than a job; it’s a chance to be part of something greater. You’ll belong in a company and team that values you for you; you’ll act with purpose and have an impact through your everyday actions; and you’ll be able to thrive in your own way. In addition, we offer:
- Flexible and dynamic work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Access to ongoing training and development programs
- Countless opportunities to grow within the company
- Full training and full protective uniform supplied
Ready to be part of something greater? Apply today!
- 39.5 hours per week
- Monday - Thursday: 07.30 - 16.30
- Friday: 07.30 - 16.00
- £10.92 per hour
- Car parking on site
Check your local transport links here: Plan Your Journey | Traveline
About the Company
At Sodexo, our purpose is to create a better everyday for everyone to build a better life for all. As the global leader in services that improve the Quality of Life, we operate in 55 countries, serving over 100 million consumers each day through our unique combination of On-Site Food and FM Services, Benefits & Rewards Services and Personal & Home Services.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer. We are a forces friendly employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities. We encourage our employees to get involved with our Employee Networks such as Pride, Sodexo Working Parents, Sodexo Disability, So together, generations and origins. We have also launched Be Heard which is an employee network designed to bring black colleagues together (virtually) to bring about positive change.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We’re a ‘ban the box’ employer, which means we don’t ask people to disclose their convictions unless the role needs a security check.
We recognise the potential of people with convictions in the job market. Helping those with a criminal history securing employment is not only critically important for the individuals themselves but can also be hugely beneficial for wider society. Offering second chances can be an effective investment in local communities and a great solution for local skills and labour market needs.
Click here to read more about what we do to promote an inclusive culture.