To be responsible for the cleaning and servicing of areas to include Contact and Non-Contact Barriers, as allocated by the Cleaning Manager/Supervisor to the standard required by the Client and Sodexo.
- Ensure complete knowledge of all areas which are to be cleaned in the course of duty
- Ensure all areas are cleaned efficiently and in a timely manner to the required standards - this to include weekly and period tasks.
- Use cleaning chemicals safely as detailed by the Control of Substances Hazardous to health guidelines (COSHH)
- Ensure full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and agents and use cleaning equipment as directed by the Cleaning Manager/Supervisor only after correct training is given. Report immediately any equipment which is faulty, mark as faulty and do not use.
- Ensure that the safety signage is used appropriate at all times,e.g wet floor signs and “warn” customers where possible.
- Ensure that cleaning stores are kept clean and tidy and equipment is stored correctly and safely at all times.
- Comply with all security regulations for cleaning materials, equipment and buildings as laid down by client and Sodexho.
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance and general cleanliness to comply with statutory and Company regulations, wearing company uniform as specified.
- Draw to the attention of the Cleaning Supervisor/Manager low levels of cleaning material stocks where appropriate so that replacement/new supplies can be re-ordered
- Draw to the attention of the Cleaning Supervisor/Manager any potential hazards on site or infringements of Health & Safety Legislation.
- Attend training courses and meetings as is necessary to maintain standards in the contract and assist in carrying g out the job role efficiently
- Provide cover in other areas in times of sickness and holidays when requested by the Cleaning Manager/Supervisor
- Ensure all cleaning equipment is kept clean & maintained in safe working order.
- Comply with all Sodexho Company policies procedures and client site rules and regulations
- Comply with all Company & client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place
- To attend any reasonable management request
- Report and take necessary action for any incidents of accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage, or other irregularities.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience working in a cleaning team
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills
- Experience working in a standards /compliance environment
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.